Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you love or hate your hair? I have hair issues.

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 56 Replies

My hair is driving me crazy.  I stopped getting it highlighted, so I have this "ombre'" thing going on.  I went to get it cut (after a long time of neglect) and the hair stylist only cut off two inches.  I guess I didn't tell her that I wanted a bigger change. 

(In this picture, I had blown it dry and curling-ironed it.  Normally, I have a lot of natural curl which tends to be unruly and frizzy--it looks like a bad perm but it's natural.  It's not good.) 

I think I need to cut it to my shoulders . . . it's just too much hair.

Anyway, I just hate my hair whenever I see myself in a mirror lately. In fact, I'm OBSESSED with how much I hate it.  Which is why I often have it tied in a bun on top of my head.  

Do you love or hate your hair?  Or are you indifferent? 

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM

My hair has a good relationship wiht me.   I had it really long then got 9 inches cut off.  Since then i get 2 inches cut off for trims.   I used to have stick straight hair but now as i get older it has some waves.    I wonder how you would look with a chin length bob or something of that nature.  One of these days i want to get it highlighted or dyed since ihave not done that in over 7 years.

callmemaybe
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I hate A-line cuts (with longer in the front and shorter in the back) because I end up looking like a Cocker Spaniel.  I've been growing my hair out since a stylist gave me that cut a awhile back.  It was awful.

But I'm not opposed to just a straight bob (well, straight front to back but layered--otherwise, I look like a mushroom!).

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:20 AM

I meant the straight/level bob style not the inverted.  I think with your hair type you would get the cocker spaniel feel with an inverted bob.   Have you used relaxer for your curls at all before a hair cut?  I am imagining the real tight curls for your natural hair.

Quoting callmemaybe:

I hate A-line cuts (with longer in the front and shorter in the back) because I end up looking like a Cocker Spaniel.  I've been growing my hair out since a stylist gave me that cut a awhile back.  It was awful.

But I'm not opposed to just a straight bob (well, straight front to back but layered--otherwise, I look like a mushroom!).

twnkedee
by Tia on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:19 AM

I have short hair, I am a long hair convert, but I love it! My oldest DD just cut hers short as well. We are just not long hair girls I guess. We like to rock the short stuff!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I just cut mine all off

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I hate my hair.I cant do anything with it

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I love my hair... It's thick and long :)

callmemaybe
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Quoting GypsiSky:

I love my hair... It's thick and long :)

Lucky!  Though . . . what am I saying?  Mine is long and thick, too, but it's driving me nuts.

JMCorbin84
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Since this pregnancy my hair has gone ape-shit crazy on me, normally my hair in pin straight and now it's frizzy, curly (very similiar to your pic) the top has gone practically black (it's normally a deep brown) and I've got tons of grey/white hairs all through the crown of my hair (especially by my bangs) & I'm only 29 yrs old. It looks like I tried to dye just the top of my hair, so everything else below ear level is a completely diff color, lol.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I don't like mine. It has such bad split ends and breakage. It's so thick too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)