Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Expect the unexpected with your child UPDATE

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 32 Replies

My son came home today and told me his side is hurting him.. I thought he might be hungry, thirsty (my son does not like to drink) I constantly have to remind him to drink something).. so he did eat some beanie weenies and had some water.. he was fine.

around 6pm he complained again.. and just now about 30min ago he said its pounding now.

So off to the ER they went..

Its his left side side.. any ideas what it might be

UPDATE

Well they did go to the ER last night. There were only 2 people in front of him however 8 or more were waiting in the back for a room. it was getting late and the pain went away. so home they came around 1am. My dh said he will take him to urgent care if it starts again.. so I kept my son home today. my husband thought I was nuts... and wanted him to go to school.. Well well well.. who used her motherly instinct.. lol at 12pm he told me he is hurting again.. I texted my dh on fb told him what was going on.. We did go to urgent care but all they said was. do you have insurance told them he has medicaid or care dont know what lol. they looked at the card and said well sorry "Scott Clinic" is his primary care you have go there... My son hasnt been there in over 7 years..

so they went back to the ER . A different one..

and Lord and behold my son is (drumroll)... Backed up, constipated, plumbing aint working as my dh calls it.. so he got some stuff for it and gets to stay home tomorrow cause he be spending the day on the throne.. :)

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Is that the side our appendex are on?

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Any news?

momma-flynn
by Greta on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Is he ok?
lapcounter
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Appendix? Not sure hope he is okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Appendix is on t he right side....he could have pulled/bruised something
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Appendix?
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

But sometimes appendix pain presents itself on the opposite side.

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

How is he today?

mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Well they went and waited and waited were told 2 in front of them.. in the lobby another 8 who were waiting for their room.. My son started to feel ok so my dh cand him came back home and my dh will take him to urgent care...

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM

No idea, I hope it is nothing serious

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)