Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We keep striking out and I am starting to feel sick :(

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
We have looked at 6 places and been turned down for all of them. Some liked other families then two loud small children with a dog and cat, others decided to sell instead of rent, and the others out debt to income is to high :/ we have always paid our rent on time, never been evicted etc etc. but our rent has always been about 75% of what we make since our son is disabled.

I understand that makes us looks bad and no one believes us we will pay. That we haven't used credit cards in years to avoid debt and stay in our means makes no sense to anyone but to us. I am just losing hope.

My in laws said we could go live in their one room basement and share their home but we have to give away the pets. They also think our son's auto immune disease and autism is made up. And they are in a different state so he would loose all his current services and transferring takes so long he would be months without help or doctors.

I just keep hoping new places will be listed every 20 minutes I check. Still holding out hope but it's fading fast :(
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Sounds frustrating.. why are you guys wanting to move

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM
The city condemned the home we are currently renting. We have no choice and no time.

Quoting mamivon2:

mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM

you should think the city would help you in that situation

Quoting lasombrs:

The city condemned the home we are currently renting. We have no choice and no time.

Quoting mamivon2:

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Nh, live free or die. No public housing in the state. Find your own housing they will help you pay for it. But the won't help you find it. And I can pay never had trouble with that. Just need an actual address to pay for. I can't believe we were paying $1500 a month and the lady was so under handed. It's not really the condition of the home, just the fact she built most of it without permits that is getting it shut down.

Quoting mamivon2:

you should think the city would help you in that situation

Quoting lasombrs:

Quoting mamivon2:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww big hugs hon,
Don't give up .. you'll find somewhere soon :)

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

Quoting hugss:

Aww big hugs hon,
Don't give up .. you'll find somewhere soon :)

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Awww! Hugs! Before we moved here we lived in a duplex and had a month to move and it seems like we wouldn't find anything but we did. Don't give up!

lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
It's just my nature to have every detailed super planned out. Not having a clear solution and game plan is eating me alive. I keep trying to tell myself we are due some good karma and all will work out as it should. Not really sinking in though :/

Quoting dusky_rose:

Awww! Hugs! Before we moved here we lived in a duplex and had a month to move and it seems like we wouldn't find anything but we did. Don't give up!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I think I know where you are coming from. It's so hard not knowing!

Quoting lasombrs:

It's just my nature to have every detailed super planned out. Not having a clear solution and game plan is eating me alive. I keep trying to tell myself we are due some good karma and all will work out as it should. Not really sinking in though :/

Quoting dusky_rose:

proudmommy690
by Christa on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Im sorry :( i hope something works out for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)