Group Home

We keep striking out and I am starting to feel sick :(

Posted by   + Show Post
We have looked at 6 places and been turned down for all of them. Some liked other families then two loud small children with a dog and cat, others decided to sell instead of rent, and the others out debt to income is to high :/ we have always paid our rent on time, never been evicted etc etc. but our rent has always been about 75% of what we make since our son is disabled.

I understand that makes us looks bad and no one believes us we will pay. That we haven't used credit cards in years to avoid debt and stay in our means makes no sense to anyone but to us. I am just losing hope.

My in laws said we could go live in their one room basement and share their home but we have to give away the pets. They also think our son's auto immune disease and autism is made up. And they are in a different state so he would loose all his current services and transferring takes so long he would be months without help or doctors.

I just keep hoping new places will be listed every 20 minutes I check. Still holding out hope but it's fading fast :(
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Replies (41-48):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:43 PM

im sorry. I hope something pans out for you guys soon.

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I'm sorry :(

I hope you find something soon!
teesoloca
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Keep your head up, things will get better!

SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Think its all because the right home hasn't shown its self to your keep looking .
lasombrs
by Sara on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I am hoping so. Still no luck so far

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Think its all because the right home hasn't shown its self to your keep looking .
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Crossing my fingers you find something soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Oh I am so sorry. Stress gets at people different ways. People handle stress different. I'm sorry he is taking it out on you. Try to be positive. Sending good thoughts and good luck your way!

Quoting lasombrs:

I am trying to keep positive. ITs hard. DH has completely turned on me. Screams at me 18 hours a day how its all my fault for allowing the lady in her home and then following her instructions. He blames me 100% and says I ruined all our lives. On repeat, at the top of his lungs, for 2 weeks now. I get he is upset and worried but I am getting tired of it.

of course if I refused the lady enterance or said no I refuse to take action on what you say in endangering my son and she took him, that would be my fault too. But no one listens to me at this point :(

Quoting Flaca43:

I'm so sorry this seems so dreary, but try to keep a positive outlook...we had to move years ago and couldn't find anything. It was scary, but we got a place two days before we had to move! & it was the nicest place out of everywhere we lived.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690