Group Home

Smarter Style: Scarf Envy

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

Okay, folks, literally yesterday, Mother Nature hit us with a cold blast that I was totally not prepared for - the heavier coats are in the back of the closet, the gloves and hats are stashed somewhere, yet to be found. I bundled the kiddo up in layers - she could still move her arms, sort of, and trekked off to school.

I was freezing and as we walked along, I kept spotting women sporting super-cute coats but that wasn't what caught my eye. It was the plethora of adorable scarves. Long, short, infinity, cozy, sleek...all different types, but all I thought was, "I want that scarf." Hence, the title: scarf envy. As the numbers on that thermometer are only going to get smaller, I logged on and found a few that I just may snatch.

I'm not usually one for plaids or red, for that matter, but this one from Zara I could get into...with the two sides, it is kind of like getting two scarf looks in one cuddly purchase.

With the winds here in NYC, the ends of my scarf often get blown back and I have to fumble with keeping it on...but not when I have a snood! I'm digging the olive green chunky one at ASOS.

Keeping along the slip-over-the-head theme, Old Navy offers a leopard print version. A nice way to rock the trend without an allover-look (or a big price tag). If I don't get this, I just may have to get it for Kiddo.

It is called ultra fluffy on the ASOS website...and what is better on a cold day than a bit of ultra fluff?  Oversized, cozy, cuddly, I like the oatmeal color but it also comes in a kicking bright blue.

Now, for my ideal scarf...I love all things Burberry and Nordstrom's offers this giant fringed scarf that truly makes me drool. Classic, cashmere, chic. Oh, yeah, total scarf envy.

Do you wear a scarf? Do you have a favorite? Share picks of your must-have scarf (or one you spotted and really want)!

ŠiStockphoto.com/ felinda

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I have a few but dont wear them to often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I love scarfs!  Wish I knew how to tie them right ;)

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I have no idea how to put them on correctly either.  I have a handmade one that i use in winter.  It is real wool so it can get very scratchy.

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I don't have one right now and I don't know how to put them on correctly either. I love the Burberry ones though.
QueenBof6
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I have a million scarves. But I don't wear them often. I'm not really an accessory person.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I like how they look but can't see them on me.
twnkedee
by Tia on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Love the look, not really  seeing it on myself though, bummer.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Cute scarves. I don't have many scarves living in Florida. LOL

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:21 AM

LOL I know what you mean.

Quoting hugss:

I love scarfs!  Wish I knew how to tie them right ;)

Juniper53098
by June on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I'm not a big scarf fan, but I do like the plaid one you posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci