Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Smarter Living Group! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

welcome

Welcome to Smarter Living!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where are you from?

3. Are you a SAHM, WAHM or WOHM?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

bow down

Here are some helpful links:

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Replies (661-668):
ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Have you checked out Zillow?  That and Craigslist.

Quoting zipporah1122: We don't know, we are still looking for a place that will work with us on a deposit.

Quoting ScrChk23: Nice to have you here! Are you moving far away from your home now? Last year we moved about 20 minutes away. And that was such a pain.
hugss
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Aww am sorry :(
Hopefully your cancer is treatable?  You looking now for a place?
Hugs to you :)

Quoting zipporah1122: We live in Dayton, Ohio. We have been renting off my husband's brother for 2 years now and then right before Christmas, his brother tells us he is selling the house and we have to move and to make matters worse, a week after we were told we have to move, I was diagnosed with cancer.

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to the group,
Where are you moving from & to?
Hope you enjoy it here ;)

Quoting zipporah1122: 1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl. My son is 11 years old and my daughter is 12 Years old.

2. Where are you from?

I am originally from Tennessee but now live in Dayton, Ohio.

I am a SAHM.

If I ever get free time, I love to read and go on walks.

Stressed about the new year and having to move.

fraujones
by Amanda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Welcome to the group. 

Quoting happydays62:

Hi there ladies .  My name is Sue Lindner.  I live in Cogan Station ,Pa . I have 3-children.  My oldest is a daughter (who is now 30-yr.-old ) and she is married and has wonderful family.  Then I have a son (who just turn 28-yr-old) and he now back living with me and my second husband and our child.  He is now looking for work .  And finally I have a 14-yr-old daughter who lives with me and my second husband .   I had here in Pa . almost all of my life ,except from 1989-to - 2009.  Had to move back here to Pa.  when my mom had passed away from a massive -heart-attack, so that I could be around for my father.   I am a stay -at -home -mom with a disability.  I love to due my crafts (crocheting, some knitting, quilting, and other diffrent types of crafts).   I just want to  meet new people ,or to chat with other moms that are on here.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Welcome to all new member!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Moving can be so stressful, especially when you aren't sure where you're going next. :( I'm sorry you are in that position. Do you have a timeline for when you need to move, or can you take your time to find the right situation for your family?

Quoting zipporah1122: 1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl. My son is 11 years old and my daughter is 12 Years old.

2. Where are you from?

I am originally from Tennessee but now live in Dayton, Ohio.

I am a SAHM.

If I ever get free time, I love to read and go on walks.

Stressed about the new year and having to move.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Hi Sue, welcome, it's nice to meet you! Do you have any grandkids?

What are some of the things you typically like to make with knitting and/or crocheting? I used to knit, but I was only ever able to figure out a regular knit stitch and a purl... It would be fun to take it up again one of these days!

Quoting happydays62:

Hi there ladies .  My name is Sue Lindner.  I live in Cogan Station ,Pa . I have 3-children.  My oldest is a daughter (who is now 30-yr.-old ) and she is married and has wonderful family.  Then I have a son (who just turn 28-yr-old) and he now back living with me and my second husband and our child.  He is now looking for work .  And finally I have a 14-yr-old daughter who lives with me and my second husband .   I had here in Pa . almost all of my life ,except from 1989-to - 2009.  Had to move back here to Pa.  when my mom had passed away from a massive -heart-attack, so that I could be around for my father.   I am a stay -at -home -mom with a disability.  I love to due my crafts (crocheting, some knitting, quilting, and other diffrent types of crafts).   I just want to  meet new people ,or to chat with other moms that are on here.

mrsb17
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:44 AM

1:No kiddos yet. Ttc.

2:I'm from Wisconsin but live in Michigan, for now. 

3:I'm a stay at home wife..looking for a job.

4:I love to read books and also read on my kindle.

5:What's on my mind today? I'm really hoping this is our lucky year for conceiving. And I hope that when we move, it'll be a smooth one. 

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Welcome everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)