Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GRRR call me ungrateful. I dont care..

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I made a few posts about my dh niece staying with us. For the ones who dont know. She is 25 has 2 kids (19week old boy 3y old girl).. she has to stay with us cause she got in trouble with DSS.. popping pills, almost lost her kids. So she cant be alone with them...

Now dont get me wrong.. I dont mind her helping. but her helping turns into a taking over MY household.. yes I want her to wash her babys bottles or her dds plate.. but she does not need to wash all of MY dishes 24/7.. I have a few plates in the sink which I plan on washing later in the day.. nope cant do it cause she is already  all in it washing things.. (I like to wash dishes, feels good on my hands)...or I get laundry upstairs to fold.. nope she HAS to do it.. of course not the way I like to have them folded so I have to redo them.... ok Im not OCD by no means. but I have a certain way my pantry  is set up..topshelf are like, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, pb, jelly sugar,flour etc.... next one down is rice, noodle, tacoshells, then we have the cans and all the cans are in order (green beans, peas, corn , basically can goods etc) last shelf is breakfast: like hot chocolate, poptarts etc.. and also oil..

I like the way my pantry is set up I can open it and dont have to look around for stuff. Nope She also had to go behind it and rerange stuff...,, now the breakfast is with the noodles ...

My dh is like:you ungrateful she is trying to help.. I keep telling him that I dont need her help Im a big girl.. lol..

Would this aggravate you if someone would come and "taking over" YOUR household???

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Lighten up
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I don't really like having houseguests.  lol  I like having things a certain way so I can find them.  When my mom stays over she rearranges things and when she leaves, I can't find certain things because she moved them, I have to call her and she forgets where she put them.  I usually find it a few weeks later. 

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Honestly she is probably trying to help you bc you are helping her but I would just say to her nicely thank you for helping me out but i like to do my things a certain way so just take care of your items and leave mine for me :)

mamivon2
by Sandra on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM

OMG I looked for 20min for my cuttingbord the other day

Quoting momofnatalie:

I don't really like having houseguests.  lol  I like having things a certain way so I can find them.  When my mom stays over she rearranges things and when she leaves, I can't find certain things because she moved them, I have to call her and she forgets where she put them.  I usually find it a few weeks later. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM

It would .I would sit down with her and let her know how much you appreciate it but there are some things you would rather her not do

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM
U could label the shelfs I would love that help!
megandwade
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I'd love for someone to do my dishes and laundry!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I'd talk to her...Sounds like shes helping out alot to prove how greatful she is...Like when we lived with Hank and Marilyn, we cleaned her house, did dishes...etc....Marilyn made it clear she wanted to cook, unless she asked us too..Which wasnt often...I still felt like I was in the way...Just tell her what all is expected of her, but let her know what you WANT to do....
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I understand you completely, but I also see it from her point of view, she might feel grateful to you and want to show you that she appreciates the chance you are giving her by accepting her and her kids. When I had my aunt living here she would do things her way and i would simply say thank you but i do it this way.. etc.. and I would make it clear as to what I needed help with and what I wanted to do all by myself.  We divided the chores so she would do certain things and I do the rest. Maybe you should sit with her and explain how you like that she is helping but that you would rather she did such and such thing and leave the rest to you. 

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM

hek yeah! lol

Quoting megandwade:

I'd love for someone to do my dishes and laundry!

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN