Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids allowed...?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 177 Replies

Are your kids allowed to wear Halloween costumes to school? What grade?

My son just started K this year, and no costumes are allowed at his school. They are having a special "Pumpkin Day" next week and all the kids are to wear orange or black clothing. I know some of the schools around here do allow it, and they even have Halloween parties... So I was just curious what you have seen in terms of schools and celebrating Halloween or not.

mummy

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

DD's school allowed it when she was younger but only during the parade before school ended for the day and they couldn't bring "weapons" or masks. DS is in preschool and they are having a halloween party the night before =)

Jillysmom
by Adele on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM
no my daughter to school Staten love them.this year as a high schooler she's in NJROTC and after school they're having a fall festival Halloween party.
proudmommy690
by Christa on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Nope she's not..she's in 1st grade
choaspartyof4
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM
No, they are not allowed
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM
This is what I would have expected... Something small and within the school dress code. I wonder if it just became too difficult to manage?

They always did a parade and costume party at preschool, and I think DS is missing that this year!

Quoting nngmommy83:

DD's school allowed it when she was younger but only during the parade before school ended for the day and they couldn't bring "weapons" or masks. DS is in preschool and they are having a halloween party the night before =)

tmtt27
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Yes, she is in 3rd grade
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM
How old are the kids?

Quoting choaspartyof4:

No, they are not allowed

Jemia
by Shekella on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
They are not allowed
choaspartyof4
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Preschool and 4th grade. They have never worn costumes to school. And they don't have a Halloween party either. It is a fall one and can't have anything Halloween related.
Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

How old are the kids?

Quoting choaspartyof4:

No, they are not allowed

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Yes ds is allowed he is in Kindergarten and the whole school district is allowed but their are rules like no masks no nudity no excessive gore no weapons etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)