Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The reality struck last night... Im starting to panic!

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 58 Replies

Ok now this my come as a complete surprize to some of you. Some of you are going to wanna smack me for posting this, and some of you are already aware of this and are just like me but..... 

Christmas is in Exactly 2 months! There are only 59 shopping days left! Somebody posted on my FB news feed last night there were 8 Saturdays left Until Christmas... It sent me into a state of panic... 

I am a die hard Christmas nut! I love the holiday, I love everything about it, except the fact that I am a low in come family, who panics each year in how were going to afford it.. Some how we always do, but that doesnt mean I dont freak still. We will scale back the amount the kids get this year. My boys are older now, and want more expensive things. This will mean, less under the tree for them. I have explained it to them and they are ok with it. 

While I cant really totally freak out, I did start the beginning of the month by putting a layaway on. I got the two big things I wanted for my DD already. So that is a HUGE weight off my shoulders. I plan on adding to my layaway possibly tonight for the few things my middle son has asked for. A $60 xbox game(the only darn one he will be getting from us) and a playdoh set for him as well. He is 10 and enjoys building and creating. 

So that is my crazy freak out for the day. For the ones who are done... I envy you! For the ones in the same boat as me... Lets be each others suppor system LOL.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I dont wanna think about it :'( We are going to do our best to get the kids gifts...but we may not have a Christmas tree or decorations :/ ugg booo!!!!
Light.Shine
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I am nowhere near done but I'm not stressed.  We have chosen to have a very low key Christmas this year.

MommieCotter42
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I love the holidays. Wow, when you put it like that I am going to panic. I need to start my girls making list so I can plan it out. YIKES!!!
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM

We have too. We intend to concentrate more on the true meaning of Christmas, rather than gift giving.

Quoting Light.Shine:

I am nowhere near done but I'm not stressed.  We have chosen to have a very low key Christmas this year.

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I am a Christmas nut too! I already got dd a phone at Walmart & put it on layaway. It was only $99 for a samsung centura & that's an android which she has been dying for! I have told her nothing about it of course but she saw the cheaper Blackberry Curve 9310c at Walmart on-line for $49.88 & tells me she wants that instead of the Samsung Galaxy SII. Gave me lots of excuses she'll be careless with it(The Samsung SII) yada yada cause she knows we can't afford the SII. But I'm gonna give her the Curve anyway. Hope she likes it! Anyway I am going crazy over gift giving too-will there be enough? Again I hope so!

KW1280
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I NVR stress for the holidays. I want to enjoy it. My motto is if I can I will if I can't I won't. I think that is just my nature.
My 20 month old plays with the boxes the toys come in and my daughter is going to Chicago with her school choir she will get a new coat and boots she is beyond happy (sr in hs)
KW1280
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I like that

Quoting elasmimi:

We have too. We intend to concentrate more on the true meaning of Christmas, rather than gift giving.

Quoting Light.Shine:

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

check your local craigs list or free cycle. sometimes youcan get a used artifical free or little to no cost. 

Quoting proudmommy690:

I dont wanna think about it :'( We are going to do our best to get the kids gifts...but we may not have a Christmas tree or decorations :/ ugg booo!!!!

proudmommy690
by Christa on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Sadly our sites doesn't get much activity :(

Quoting Leelee1008:

check your local craigs list or free cycle. sometimes youcan get a used artifical free or little to no cost. 

Quoting proudmommy690:

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

awww.

Maybe cut one down in the woods somewhere? or even check your 2nd hand shops.

Quoting proudmommy690:

Sadly our sites doesn't get much activity :(

Quoting Leelee1008:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN