Group Home

i'm over chain restaurants!!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 54 Replies

it seems every time we go to a chain restaurant, which isn't often, there are always issues.  last night we went to one & the experience was no different!

hubby ordered a bacon cheese burger, well done, without pickles, onions, or tomatoes.  well he gets it & it's rare with pickles.  so he sends it back.  in the meantime the kids never got their drinks they ordered, fruit slushies, so hubby reminds one of our servers.  yes, i said one, we had two different servers!  another server, not one of our two, brings the drinks & hands them to my husband rather than the kids.  hubby gives our son his & then starts to hand our daughter hers when he stops & looks at the cup closely.  floating in the cup is a bottle cap!  a freaking beer bottle cap!!  so hubby calls one of our servers over & shows her.  she apologizes & takes it away.  the gm comes back with another drink for our daughter (know it was remade because it was a different flavor from the original) & he was very apologetic about the situation.  he said he didn't understand what happened or how the bartender didn't notice the cap, he said the cap looked like it had gone through the blender with the drink.  he apologized again & said he would take the drink off our bill.  well the bill comes & hubby is charged for two burgers & rather than being charged for one kids drink we are charged for three!!  it was a very frustrating dinner!! 

my son kept saying the restaurant needed to be on restaurant makeover (hubby watches the bar & restaurant makeover shows often) because they just didn't know how to work!  we completely agreed with him!  hubby & i have decided to forgo chain restaurants from now on!  nothing but issues every time we go to one.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by Shawna on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I frequently have problems, but it's not limited to chain restaurants.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM

true but it seems where we have the majority of issues is from chain restaurants.  we knocked off a local mexican restaurant off our list of places to go ages ago.  they have two locations & both have the worst service ever.  but most of the other small, local restaurants we go to we get great service & food from.

Quoting slw123:

I frequently have problems, but it's not limited to chain restaurants.

QueenBof6
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
What a horrible experience. I'm a sever (when I work) and i would be mortified if this happened to my table. I'm huge on good service. And when I go out to eat bad service irritates me to no end. We went out last night and our sever was horrible. Grrr.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM

i used to be a server as well & my husband manages a small deli style restaurant.  we both know that your livelihood depends on good customer service.  why so many don't seem to get their tip depends on the care they give their customers neither one of us understand.  & around here at least it seems like the bigger the chain is the worse the servers are.

Quoting QueenBof6:

What a horrible experience. I'm a sever (when I work) and u would be mortified if this happened to my table. I'm huge on good service. And when I go out to eat bad service irritates me to no end. We went out last night and our sever was horrible. Grrr.

SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Same here

Quoting QueenBof6:

What a horrible experience. I'm a sever (when I work) and u would be mortified if this happened to my table. I'm huge on good service. And when I go out to eat bad service irritates me to no end. We went out last night and our sever was horrible. Grrr.

QueenBof6
We went to a big chain last night. It was pretty bad. I ordered a drink and they were out if the alcohol I ordered it with. So they just made it with a different one. One that I didn't like. Why wouldn't they ask what I preferred instead of giving me something of a lower quality. And she brought me a second one that I didn't order. Our waitress visited our table about 3 times. Another waiters spent more time at our table. I was in the bathroom when my SO paid the bill. He left a pretty crumby tip 15%. Which I felt bad for but why should I. She was either oversat or just a bad server.
Quoting lizzig:

i used to be a server as well & my husband manages a small deli style restaurant.  we both know that your livelihood depends on good customer service.  why so many don't seem to get their tip depends on the care they give their customers neither one of us understand.  & around here at least it seems like the bigger the chain is the worse the servers are.

Quoting QueenBof6:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
Lol. Sorry. That should say I would be mortified if it was my table.

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting QueenBof6:

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

i've rarely had that terrible of service. I'd be upset as well

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Some places just suck. I have had issues occaionally, but never that bad

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM

uhg!  i never feel bad for leaving low tips.  i tip for the service i get not off the bill total.  being over sat is still no excuse for poor service.  when i was serving & oversat i would apologize to my tables in advance & explain to them why i may not be as attentive as usual.  this typically saved me from getting bad tips from those that understood it wasn't me being a poor server.  of course i'd still get them from those that felt they should be the only customers attended to but can't please everyone no matter what!

Quoting QueenBof6:

We went to a big chain last night. It was pretty bad. I ordered a drink and they were out if the alcohol I ordered it with. So they just made it with a different one. One that I didn't like. Why wouldn't they ask what I preferred instead of giving me something of a lower quality. And she brought me a second one that I didn't order. Our waitress visited our table about 3 times. Another waiters spent more time at our table. I was in the bathroom when my SO paid the bill. He left a pretty crumby tip 15%. Which I felt bad for but why should I. She was either oversat or just a bad server.
Quoting lizzig:

Quoting QueenBof6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690