Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Celebration: Plenty of Popcorn Ideas

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love popcorn. Who doesn't? When I was kid, my grandmother lived with us and did all the cooking, which was delicious. But when she took a break and my mom was in charge of meals, there were only three things I remember her ever preparing, and my favorite, by far, was popcorn. She made it two ways, one bowl with sugar and butter, and one bowl with salt and butter.

When I moved to New York City years ago, I got to enjoy tasting all sorts of delicious, exotic and interesting food, and one which stands out to me was spiced popcorn that was a bar snack you could much on while you waited for a table at one of my favorite restaurants (it was an Indian-fusion place). I am not sure what they put on there, but it was delicious, and it got me investigating and enjoying all sorts of different creative popcorn flavors of my own.

Some of the most successful of these popcorn flavors I made were really delicious: Cheddar cheese; parmesan; cheese with bacon bits; paprika (hot and / or sweet); cumin; turmeric; cinnamon and brown sugar; maple syrup; maple with bacon (anything with bacon was great, actually!); chocolate (dark and / or white chocolate); chocolate with chile; chocolate with salt; pecan; peanut butter; olive oil with salt; honey; honey with nuts like pistachio.

All you need to do to try any of these is make some fresh popcorn, put some in a bowl, and mix it with the spices or other condiments or foods. If you like it, bingo, just mix up a whole lot more! Try to create your own unique flavors; I had so much fun creating all of mine (though I am sure many have been done before). You can serve this up for your next movie night, and surprise your whole family, or try it for your next house or holiday party. I am pretty sure that with popcorn, you can never go wrong.

Do you like popcorn? Do you have any creative ideas for enjoying it?

© iStockphoto.com/joebelanger

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Love popcorn .. the more butter the better :)

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:42 AM

My famil likes it, I'm not a huge fan. We have a little popcorn machine that we use when we watch movies! We like plain with salt or with butter and salt.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I love popcorn balls

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a fan,I don't like the little husk that get in your teeth and throat.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
carmel corn or kettle corn mmmmmmm
wandep
by Pam on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I used to like popcorn but now that I figured out corn inflames my arthritis I don't eat anything with corn in it...including corn syrup. :( Sometimes I will but afterwards it hurts. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I cant eat it

momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I love popcorn. I usually make it with butter & sea salt. Sometimes I add garlic or seasoned salt.
Juniper53098
by June on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I like popcorn, but I can't eat it right now.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
We love popcorn! Extra butter! I do love caramel corn too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN