Group Home

:( SO said....... (sigh)

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:36 AM
  • 32 Replies

Well, yes $$$$$ is tight but SO wants me to sign up for "Christmas buerau" (spelling) (he only wants to get the food) sadly yes food IS tight!
After we pay the bills the rest of the $$$$ is for food. ($200 FS isn't enough for a month for 3people.)
Welfare might not want to "think" Jeff is "living here" but he is! A 3rd person does live here! Not "only 2people". Smfh.
:(
So yes, I'll have to do that "poor family Christmas program" just for food. (sigh)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:07 AM
It'll be ok, thats why it's there. Hugs Kimmy.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:27 AM

You should try different churches around your area. I know some in our town have it where you can come in a get food from the food pantry. My mil's church hands out a bag of groceries once a month. Good luck girl! HUGS

powow65
by kimmy on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I know.
But you've all heard me yell & vent about how "junkies/druggies take they're babies out in the cold weather & wait good 2 or 3hours in the cold."

:((

But ugh! We're not even over the hump for help here.
(we're trying.)

Quoting proudmommy690:

It'll be ok, thats why it's there. Hugs Kimmy.

powow65
by kimmy on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Oh there are but up here (they make you stay one place & one place only.)

My cousin in GA, she found a food pantry that if you give them $10 they give you like $30 or $40 plus in food & diapers & other house hold stuff. (there's $10 boxes or "free boxes".)

Quoting wandep:

You should try different churches around your area. I know some in our town have it where you can come in a get food from the food pantry. My mil's church hands out a bag of groceries once a month. Good luck girl! HUGS

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Oh :( They are free here I think. 

Quoting powow65:

My cousin in GA, she found a food pantry that if you give them $10 they give you like $30 or $40 plus in food & diapers & other house hold stuff. (there's $10 boxes or "free boxes".)

Quoting wandep:

powow65
by kimmy on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Free yes but if I go to one it has to be one that give not just only "pasta & bread" like most foo pantry's up here. (no thanks.) we need meat & veggies too.

Quoting wandep:

Oh :( They are free here I think. 

Quoting powow65:

Quoting wandep:

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

:( I'm sorry

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS....I did it one year..ANd I felt awful about it...But the lady told me some people go every year and it's nice to help someone new...I wasn't sure if I felt flattered or worse...If ya need it, ya need it...

Beenhereforever
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I have had to use it a few times in the past.. And for once I am in a position where I don't need it... But I am happy it's there. I was hoping this year to adopt a family or child.. A few years ago on cm I was adopted and if it wasn't for this lady my kids would have had nothing.
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Everyone goes through hard times. keep your head up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690