Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher posting about a student on FB?

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 35 Replies

A teacher I used to work with posted about her son getting hit at school. 

She posted that child is a known trouble maker and she doesn't see how he's been allowed to continue doing what he's doing. 

I am shocked for several reasons. She is new at the school where she's working. Her post is clearly complaining about how the school is handling the issue. So she's complaining about her boss on her public Facebook page. She's also posting confidential information about a student online. 

The reason she no longer works at my school is because she posted complaints about her son's teacher last year and was reprimanded for unprofessional behavior. The district policy on social network use is clear and she clearly violated it. I don't know what her new school's policy is. But I am in shock that she would do this again.

If you saw a teacher at your child's school posting about your child (not naming by name, but referring to an incident) what would you do?

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Nothing. Everybody vents.
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I think fb is the worst/wrong place to vent about certain issues/employer. I would not be upset unless my child was mentioned by name.  I would probably mention it to the head of the school, though.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I wouldn't be ok with my kids teacher doing that. Not sure what I would do though. :/
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

If her facebook is set to private and it isn't a public feed then I have no problem with what she did if she didn't name the child. Did she name the kid?

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM

wow...

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
If she didnt name my child by name i wouldnt care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I'd talk to the principal.

Quoting proudmommy690:

I wouldn't be ok with my kids teacher doing that. Not sure what I would do though. :/

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

No names were mentioned so, I wouldn't care.  We all have to vent and most of us have private pages.

maxswolfsuit
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Her page isn't private. I am not friends with her and can see all of it. 

She didn't name him. But she described in enough detail that anyone who knows the child would know it was him. 

Last year her defense was that she hadn't used the teacher's name in her post. But when you say my son's teacher did X, Y, and Z it doesn't really matter if you named her or not. Everyone knows who you are talking about. She doesn't seem to get that. 

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

If her facebook is set to private and it isn't a public feed then I have no problem with what she did if she didn't name the child. Did she name the kid?

maxswolfsuit
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

If she didnt name my child by name i wouldnt care

Even if other people knew she was talking about your child?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN