Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Jazz Yourself Up for the Holidays

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm getting more emails than usual...alas, not any ones that announce I have won the lottery, scored "$500 a week for life" or landed a new $5,000 wardrobe. No, sadly, they are just enticements to spend money, to buy gifts as it is the holiday season doncahknow. And yes, they often get me to click through and see what they have to offer...mainly because I'm getting swayed by the sparkliness of, well, everything.

Right around the holiday, everything's a little shinier, a little glitterier, just all-around jazzier. Which I don't mind. But it gets me thinking about how to jazz myself up, boost the old style meter from "normal me" to "holiday me." The calendar is already bursting with parties and gatherings where I'm going to have to be, for lack of a better word, "festive"...so how does one go about being festive without totally breaking the back by purchasing all sorts of festive clothes that I wear only once a year? Here are a few ways I'm jazzing myself up for the season:

-- Paint with fun. I'm gonna rock some fun nail polish. I usually stick with the basic neutrals, some dark blues, greys, beige. Thinking that a festive red or even a green could pop some dazzle into my style.

-- Don some fur. Right, okay, I'm not going to strap a stuffed cat around my neck, but I'm pondering a few touches of fur to the wardrobe, maybe a snuggly cardigan with a faux fur color, a shearling vest, or one of those infinity scarves that are furry.

-- Think metals. Whether it's a new sweater with sassy metal threads woven in or a silver beanie or some gold nail polish (see my first idea), shiny pops of gold or silver are perfect to get some holiday pizazz into my style.

-- Switch the texture. I mean, instead of just tossing on a tee and jeans, maybe put on that silky top with the jeans. Even changing the texture of the layers you wear can boost you into festive mode.

How do you jazz up your style for the holidays? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/pcatalin 

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Unfortunately not much :( I love more red things though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
54 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I have a great base eye make up for the holidays :)

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I put flowers and ribbons in my hair...Started as a joke for when Briana and Katie were small...But each year, they put them in if I didn't..And I wear sparkly make up... 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I really dont

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I make an effort to look extra nice, but I could definitely kick it up a notch.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I dress up for our Christmas party if the weather is nice and we get to go!  And I buy us all new Christmas Eve pajamas.

fraujones
by Amanda on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I have a few pretty sweaters with metalic thread. 

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I like to go with darker nail polish, great eye shadows, scarves/pashminas.. I also like to wear boots.

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I like wearing Christmas t-shirts. :) If I can find them with short sleeves. LOL It gets hot here. I also like to wear red a bit more.

Mznaye
by Jo on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I dont jazz myself up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)