Smarter Style: Jazz Yourself Up for the Holidays

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm getting more emails than usual...alas, not any ones that announce I have won the lottery, scored "$500 a week for life" or landed a new $5,000 wardrobe. No, sadly, they are just enticements to spend money, to buy gifts as it is the holiday season doncahknow. And yes, they often get me to click through and see what they have to offer...mainly because I'm getting swayed by the sparkliness of, well, everything.

Right around the holiday, everything's a little shinier, a little glitterier, just all-around jazzier. Which I don't mind. But it gets me thinking about how to jazz myself up, boost the old style meter from "normal me" to "holiday me." The calendar is already bursting with parties and gatherings where I'm going to have to be, for lack of a better word, "festive"...so how does one go about being festive without totally breaking the back by purchasing all sorts of festive clothes that I wear only once a year? Here are a few ways I'm jazzing myself up for the season:

-- Paint with fun. I'm gonna rock some fun nail polish. I usually stick with the basic neutrals, some dark blues, greys, beige. Thinking that a festive red or even a green could pop some dazzle into my style.

-- Don some fur. Right, okay, I'm not going to strap a stuffed cat around my neck, but I'm pondering a few touches of fur to the wardrobe, maybe a snuggly cardigan with a faux fur color, a shearling vest, or one of those infinity scarves that are furry.

-- Think metals. Whether it's a new sweater with sassy metal threads woven in or a silver beanie or some gold nail polish (see my first idea), shiny pops of gold or silver are perfect to get some holiday pizazz into my style.

-- Switch the texture. I mean, instead of just tossing on a tee and jeans, maybe put on that silky top with the jeans. Even changing the texture of the layers you wear can boost you into festive mode.

How do you jazz up your style for the holidays? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/pcatalin 

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-39):
alf2651
by Amanda on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

I make an effort to look extra nice, but I could definitely kick it up a notch.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I wear different jewerly

MomTiara19
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I love to get a little dressier and of course a little shimmer eye shadow looks festive:)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

I make an effort to look extra nice, but I could definitely kick it up a notch.

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I don't really.
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I might add some fun this year =)

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I'm always sparkly and jazzy, so nothing extra is possible for the holidays lol

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I like to wear holiday jewelry durning the holidays. Thanks for sharing.

lasombrs
by Sara on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM

its the only time i dress up and wear make up. thats as jazzy as it gets lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: