Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 68 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you actually celebrate Thanksgiving?

Options:

Yes we always have a family dinner/gathering

Some years but not all

Not really

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

I know this might seem like an odd poll but not everyone is into "holidays" even religious ones. And with talking about the sales starting early on Thanksgiving made me wonder if everyone DID indeed celebrate it or not.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
We do, but they're not as big as they used to be. Im still trying to find out what we are doing. My mom wants it to just be my family, my sister and her kids and of course her and my stepdad.

Im not sure what df's mom has planned, and I kinda dont want to go over there :/ But with her new puppy Im not sure that she will do anything because hes a skiddish puppy.
myownparadise
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM

We did up until last year. My husband works on a boat in Texas (I am in Georgia) and my parents and brother moved to Texas last year. Now, my parents and brother come home for Christmas, but not for anything else. I don't do anything grand for Thanksgiving because it is just the children and I. My husband misses Thanksgiving and Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries... everything, so I do Thanksgiving my way for the girls. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense. 

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM

we do

AnnaJiang
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Our family always have one turkey. This the only time in a year that we cook Turkey! In other times, we get to eat turkey legs in Fairs.  Before we always celebrate Thanksgiving in a friend's house. My friend moved away. Now we are celebrate Thanksgiving in another friend's house with several families. It is wonderful.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I still do, even though most of my mom's side of the family are deceased, except for a few cousins and a couple of aunts. I might go pay one of my cousins a visit, this Thanksgiving.  But on my dad's side they take turns going to either his house or his sister-in-law's (my stepmother's sister) house, out in the country.

aubsmom09
by Erin on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Yes, we switch off having Thanksgiving with my family and DH's extended family.  Love family time and the delicious food.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Yes we do. I cook. I love making a big meal

KW1280
by Todah on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Yes
momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Yes we are big on family get togethers
MamaMandee
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM
We always do even if it is just us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)