Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you actually celebrate Thanksgiving?

Options:

Yes we always have a family dinner/gathering

Some years but not all

Not really

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

I know this might seem like an odd poll but not everyone is into "holidays" even religious ones. And with talking about the sales starting early on Thanksgiving made me wonder if everyone DID indeed celebrate it or not.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
wandep
by Pam on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Yes, we do. This will be the first time my family is all coming over to my house to eat lunch. Usually it is just my family, bil and mil that eat. I will have around 20 people coming! Yikes!

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I hate waiting till the last minute to decide something. That is why I just decided to have everyone over here. If they didn't want to drive an hour away they could have just had it at their house. LOL

Quoting proudmommy690:

We do, but they're not as big as they used to be. Im still trying to find out what we are doing. My mom wants it to just be my family, my sister and her kids and of course her and my stepdad.

Im not sure what df's mom has planned, and I kinda dont want to go over there :/ But with her new puppy Im not sure that she will do anything because hes a skiddish puppy.

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Wow that must be hard. Does he work on an oil rig?

Quoting myownparadise:

We did up until last year. My husband works on a boat in Texas (I am in Georgia) and my parents and brother moved to Texas last year. Now, my parents and brother come home for Christmas, but not for anything else. I don't do anything grand for Thanksgiving because it is just the children and I. My husband misses Thanksgiving and Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries... everything, so I do Thanksgiving my way for the girls. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense. 

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Us too! Something for every holiday! LOL

Quoting momkaribg:

Yes we are big on family get togethers

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Every year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes, always.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yes we always have a big dinner.

momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol we are the same way

Quoting wandep:

Us too! Something for every holiday! LOL

Quoting momkaribg:

Yes we are big on family get togethers

slw123
by Shawna on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

It's actually my favorite holiday. it's one of the few times we all get together and just relax and spend time together.  We do not leave the house on Thanksgiving day.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

We do, every year we go to my Nana's house and my MIL does her dinner the day after :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN