Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you actually celebrate Thanksgiving?

Options:

Yes we always have a family dinner/gathering

Some years but not all

Not really

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

I know this might seem like an odd poll but not everyone is into "holidays" even religious ones. And with talking about the sales starting early on Thanksgiving made me wonder if everyone DID indeed celebrate it or not.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM

yes we have the meal twice a year bc everyone loves it so much 

myownparadise
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM
No. He's on a towboat. He works 30/15, but plans on staying on through his time off in December.

Quoting wandep:

Wow that must be hard. Does he work on an oil rig?

Quoting myownparadise:

We did up until last year. My husband works on a boat in Texas (I am in Georgia) and my parents and brother moved to Texas last year. Now, my parents and brother come home for Christmas, but not for anything else. I don't do anything grand for Thanksgiving because it is just the children and I. My husband misses Thanksgiving and Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries... everything, so I do Thanksgiving my way for the girls. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense. 

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Yes, mostly just us here.

fairybaby55
by Sara on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Usually we do

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Yes we always do even if it's just us. We make the same amount of food lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jemia
by Shekella on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Yes we are going to PA to celebrate with my family.
Marisol1106
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Yes
Maries_Mom23
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I went with your first option, because we do always do Thanksgiving dinner.  But it's not a big, extended family thing.  DH always works that day, so the girls (ages 10 and 6) and I spend the day cooking.  When he gets home, the 4 of us sit down to dinner together.  

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Always. we always have a dinner.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:12 PM

we do but not in the "traditional american" way.  my husband is mexican & doesn't go for most of the dishes served at a typical thanksgiving dinner.  we don't have any traditional "alternate" dishes we make either.  we have what ever we are in the mood for that day.  it's just the four of us & we enjoy hubby's rare entire day off, he manages a small restaurant & is pretty much there 7 days a week.  for us the day is more about taking time to enjoy the things we are thankful for, like being together as a family, rather than the food we eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)