What do you pay a month?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 55 Replies
I am feeling out a application to get some assistance on a unexpected medical bill through our local hospital. It ask what we pay a month for clothes and food for a family of 5. I honestly don't know I have never really kept up with it. Lol after this I'm going to keep up with it because now I'm curious to see what we do pay. What do you pay a month for clothes and food?
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't buy clothes every single month.. It's usually a wardrobe a season and shoes if needed in between.. And food I spend 80$ a week on a family of three
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM

clothing i would say $0, we don't buy clothing monthy after all.  food i'd say about $300-$350, we're a family of 4.

VarelaClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Food for our family of 6 is $1200 a month. Clothing, I'm not sure about. I'd say if I had to guess, maybe $200 a month.
momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I don't buy clothes monthly either. Usually just as they need something. Like this month I will have to get my oldest some jeans but the other 2 are set.

Quoting mommyziegler:

I don't buy clothes every single month.. It's usually a wardrobe a season and shoes if needed in between.. And food I spend 80$ a week on a family of three
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:55 PM

We dont really ever buy clothes

Mami2oneboy
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM

we buy clothes as needed so it depends if i spent any that month

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM
About $150 or so a week on food, but I don't buy clothes monthly.
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM

We are a family of four. Some months we do not buy clothes but I add 40 a month to the clothing fund envelope any ways. I do around 250-300 a month for food for a family of 4!

momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I have heard a lot of people say they use the envelope system. I really need to start doing something like this. I need to be more strict about our money.

Quoting suziejax:

We are a family of four. Some months we do not buy clothes but I add 40 a month to the clothing fund envelope any ways. I do around 250-300 a month for food for a family of 4!

momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Ouch! That's a lot of food.

Quoting VarelaClan:

Food for our family of 6 is $1200 a month. Clothing, I'm not sure about. I'd say if I had to guess, maybe $200 a month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: