Group Home

Grocery shopping?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 64 Replies

I hate grocery shopping...seems to get more expensive each time i go.

I want to learn how to do extreme coupons or any other methods to save money as much as i can. 

Suggestions?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I love grocery shopping cause i'm a foodie I guess..or just weird lol but I'm with u, I want tips on saving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bentleysmom0213
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I watch the extreme coupon show but still cannot figure it out completely i need an expert to show me the tricks. :)

Quoting Apr1l:

I love grocery shopping cause i'm a foodie I guess..or just weird lol but I'm with u, I want tips on saving.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I do remember a mom saying they clip everything, whether or not they normally use the product, so when there's a sale where they can get it free or be paid, they have it. Have u ever seen an episode where they ever get produce for deep discounts?

Quoting Bentleysmom0213:

I watch the extreme coupon show but still cannot figure it out completely i need an expert to show me the tricks. :)

Quoting Apr1l:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I would suggest following ads for your local stores. Stock up when you have sales. You could subscribe to a local paper to get coupon inserts or hit up friends and family who don't use their inserts. If you watch sales and match your coupons to the sales, you can save some.

I couponed for 2 years but has to stop when I went back to work. My savings from just shopping sales was much greater than my savings with coupons. You have to weigh wether it's worth your time.

One more thing...when people get 50 of an item it's because they've bought coupons online. I personally don't believe that's ethical.
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
That's what I did. It's just how it worked in my brain.

There was a vegan on the show once who was saying you could coupon and eat healthy but she was buying 50 containers of BBQ sauce. Lol.

Quoting Apr1l:

I do remember a mom saying they clip everything, whether or not they normally use the product, so when there's a sale where they can get it free or be paid, they have it. Have u ever seen an episode where they ever get produce for deep discounts?

Quoting Bentleysmom0213:

Quoting Apr1l:

Bentleysmom0213
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Good to know and thanks for the advice. Yeah i noticed a lot its not the healthiest food they buy LOL i am looking to save on Toilet paper, laundry soup, and cleaning products more than all that junk food. 

Quoting MamaJane:

That's what I did. It's just how it worked in my brain.

There was a vegan on the show once who was saying you could coupon and eat healthy but she was buying 50 containers of BBQ sauce. Lol.

Quoting Apr1l:

Quoting Bentleysmom0213:

Quoting Apr1l:

mackiebugsmom
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I would love to start couponing too.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Get more then 1 paper with coupons. When things are bogo you can use 2 coupons.If you have a publix check their green and purple flyers by the front of the store. Join couponing groups on fb

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM

We are fully stock with an over flow pantry and an up right freezer.

I only buy most things when they are on sale. I always get boneless skinless chicken breast when it is 15lbs for $20. I usually buy $80 worth when it goes on sale. I shop like this for most things.

Maries_Mom23
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Your last paragraph is SO TRUE!  Months ago, there was a coupon in Sunday's paper for BOGO on Suave kids shampoo.  That's what my girls use and they needed it desperately.  There was maybe enough in their bottle for two washes left.  I went to Wal Mart on Monday (day after the coupon came out) and the shelf where that shampoo is located was EMPTY.  I mumbled something about it under my breath and an employee nearby said "blame it on the extreme couponers."  She said that it was all sold out by 1 yesterday and that included restocking the shelves twice!  Ugh...

Quoting MamaJane:

I would suggest following ads for your local stores. Stock up when you have sales. You could subscribe to a local paper to get coupon inserts or hit up friends and family who don't use their inserts. If you watch sales and match your coupons to the sales, you can save some.

I couponed for 2 years but has to stop when I went back to work. My savings from just shopping sales was much greater than my savings with coupons. You have to weigh wether it's worth your time.

One more thing...when people get 50 of an item it's because they've bought coupons online. I personally don't believe that's ethical.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80