Kmart's Toy Finder Makes Toy Shopping Easy

By GFunkified on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:25 PM

My kids have very specific instructions for me every Christmas, about what they want, what they don't want, even what their little brother wants. I always have them make a wish list for Santa and grandparents using a toy catalog, but I don't have time to go to the store or online retailers and look through the shelves or lists of toys to find the ones that are age appropriate, within my price range, and in stock.

Kmart is making it really easy for parents, grandparents, and Santa this year. The new Toy Finder tool allows you to narrow your search based on age, gender, price range, characters, and brands. What you're left with is a list of the available toys that are exactly what you're looking for, similar to what you need, or what you didn't even know you wanted to buy.

I have two daughters, so I opened up the Toy Finder and went through the steps, first choosing "girl", then "4-7 years" and the amount I was willing to pay. I was given an appropriate, narrowed down, user-friendly selection of toys to choose from, including dolls and accessories, electronics, their favorite television characters, musical instruments, and more. That list gave me a general idea of what was available for girls in their age group, and from there, I was able to narrow it down even more to include specific brands, characters, or toys from their wish lists.

In the past, I've searched for specific toys from their wish lists, and often had to start over each time I found one that was out of stock, too expensive, or not appropriate for their age. It was a frustrating process, and I'm glad there's a new way to do it. By just narrowing down the field of toys on Kmart.com, I can not only find the specific toys they want, but also similar toys and characters that are acceptable replacements when the ones they asked for aren't going to cut it.

The Toy Finder makes gift buying for kids so easy that it gets my Seal of Approval.

What are the biggest challenges you face when shopping for kids' toys?

GFunkified About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • TigerofMu
  • by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • That's a slick idea, but I think there are a few glitches.  I put in a price range and it was showing me things that were 3 times as much as my top listing.

• Quote Reply
  • goddess99
  • by Michelle on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • I always thought shopping for toys was pretty easy. The hard part for me is when they outgrow the toys, then what do you get them..?

• Quote Reply
  • timon95
  • by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • what to get. ds only likes lego sets and has so many now. for the past 4 christmas he has gotten pretty much all lego sets. dd likes monster high and the new ever after high dolls. this year we are skipping a lot of the big toy purchases. they have a few toys but we will get them each laptops and ds is getting a camera and tripod.

• Quote Reply
  • sunshinepraying
  • by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • I just tried looking through the catalog on my phone, but it didn't work when I clicked on the plus sign to see more info about a toy..instead it took me to a blank Kmart page. I guess I'll have to try again when I'm on the computer
  • Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: