Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying something new... (Updated in replies!)

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 87 Replies

I just put a totally new (to me) recipe in the crock pot: Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken! It really does seem pretty easy, and my family loves Chinese style food. Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes out tasting as good as the pictures make it look: 

Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken

What was the last new recipe that you tried? How did it turn out? Please feel free to share...

eating

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks yummy to me.  My hubby does most of the cooking and we haven't tried anything new lately.. Might have to try this one! Thanks!

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Oh hello supper!  Well, maybe tomorrow's supper unless I have chicken in this freezer.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

It does call for premade sweet and sour sauce, but there are lots of pretty easy recipes online to make your own with spices and ingredients you probably have already... In case you do decide to give it a whirl in the next day or two. :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

Oh hello supper!  Well, maybe tomorrow's supper unless I have chicken in this freezer.

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:52 AM

That looks good. We don't eat much chinese food now adays due to my gluten problem. Its hard to eat at the chinese places. I've only found one here in town that will remove the soy sauce for me. They cook it like they do in their home. LOL 

As far as new recipes we don't try them too often due to having picky eater kids and hubby who likes the same stuff all the time. LOL

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I'm putting it in the crockpot as we speak :).  I usually make my own sweet and sourish sauce anyway, so we are good there.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

It does call for premade sweet and sour sauce, but there are lots of pretty easy recipes online to make your own with spices and ingredients you probably have already... In case you do decide to give it a whirl in the next day or two. :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

high five

That's awesome! I hope it turns out well... Let's compare notes tomorrow. I'd be interested in hearing how you made your sauce, too. :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

I'm putting it in the crockpot as we speak :).  I usually make my own sweet and sourish sauce anyway, so we are good there.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting TigerofMu:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Pam, you should click through to this one... I think it might be GF -- there's no breading, anyway. Maybe worth a shot?

Quoting wandep:

That looks good. We don't eat much chinese food now adays due to my gluten problem. Its hard to eat at the chinese places. I've only found one here in town that will remove the soy sauce for me. They cook it like they do in their home. LOL 

As far as new recipes we don't try them too often due to having picky eater kids and hubby who likes the same stuff all the time. LOL

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out. I  miss my chinese food. 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Pam, you should click through to this one... I think it might be GF -- there's no breading, anyway. Maybe worth a shot?

Quoting wandep:

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Good luck!
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I haven't really tried any new recipes lately.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)