Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Gift Idea 11/8

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

Footprint T-Shirt Craft

Everyone in the family will have fun making this t-shirt craft, and the person who you give it to will love wearing it. Even the youngest kids can participate in making this project.

• Age Guideline: 2 Years and Up
  • Time Required: 30 minutes (Does not include drying time)

Materials Needed:

Instructions:

This homemade t-shirt was a hit with my husband on Father's Day, although this would also make a great gift for mom for Mother's day or any occasion. Change the wording a bit and it would also be great for grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.

Start out by laying the t-shirt out on a flat surface. You will want it on the ground or on a low surface because you will be stepping on the shirt. Cover the area around your t-shirt with newspaper or something else that will protect it from paint covered feet. Place a piece of cardboard inside the shirt so the paint doesn't leak through to the other side. You might want to keep a large container with warm, soapy water and towels near where you are making this t-shirt.

Squeeze some fabric paint onto the styrofoam plate or shallow dish and spread it around so a thin layer covers the entire plate. Simply step onto the paint, making sure it covers the entire bottom of the foot. Carefully step onto the t-shirt. In the t-shirt pictured here, I used a different paint color for each one of my kids. Let the paint dry completely before you move the shirt.

Once the footprints are dry, use a black fabric paint and write "My Kids Walk All Over Me".(Or whatever saying works best for you) You can also do the back side of the shirt once the front dries.

Do you know someone who would like to get this as a gift? Would you like to get it as a gift? 

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM

That's a cute tshirt!

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Really cute!!!
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Super cute!!!

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Lol! Cute idea.

jazi1105
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM
how cute
MamaMandee
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Im thinking of making one for my MIL. Really I should do it for my FIL, he is a sucker for the kids lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Very cute!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)