Group Home

Ear piercing for boys?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 74 Replies

would you let your son pierce their ears? Would the rules for age be the same as it would be for your daughter? Why or why not?

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:12 AM
My boys got their ears pierced at 6 and 9. If I had a daughter, her ears would've been pierced when she was a lot younger. Ppl always mistaken my boys for girls when they were younger, so pierced ears would've made it worse lol.
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Did your boys have longer hair when they were younger? I don't think my son has been mistaken for a girl since he was about 2. lol. but we keep his hair shaved because it's so much easier. Now my almost 2 year old girl gets mistaken for a boy sometimes because her hair is taking a long time to grow in and it's still pretty short.

Quoting funmommy123:

My boys got their ears pierced at 6 and 9. If I had a daughter, her ears would've been pierced when she was a lot younger. Ppl always mistaken my boys for girls when they were younger, so pierced ears would've made it worse lol.

funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:15 AM
No, they were mistaken for girls as soon as I brought them home from the hospital. When ppl say "oh, she is so pretty." I'm like, ok......so my "daughter" is dresswed like a boy......lol

Quoting .Angelica.:

Did your boys have longer hair when they were younger? I don't think my son has been mistaken for a girl since he was about 2. lol. but we keep his hair shaved because it's so much easier. Now my almost 2 year old girl gets mistaken for a boy sometimes because her hair is taking a long time to grow in and it's still pretty short.

Quoting funmommy123:

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:35 AM

people always tend to get genders wrong. i had people call my girl a boy while wearing a dress, and my son a girl while wearing all blue with footballs on it. LOL

Quoting funmommy123:

No, they were mistaken for girls as soon as I brought them home from the hospital. When ppl say "oh, she is so pretty." I'm like, ok......so my "daughter" is dresswed like a boy......lol

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting funmommy123:

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:39 AM
If it was something he wanted, I would make him wait like six months to be sure. And not til over 6, maybe older. Depends on maturity.
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Lol!

Quoting .Angelica.:

people always tend to get genders wrong. i had people call my girl a boy while wearing a dress, and my son a girl while wearing all blue with footballs on it. LOL

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting funmommy123:

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Ds2 got his ears pierced back in march or April...he was 6 yrs old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naj2013
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
When and if i have a boy, piercing his ear would be his choice
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

lol!  i'd have my daughter in a dress with a headband i her hair & people would still ask me if my baby was a boy or girl.  one time i responded to a lady "well we really wanted a girl so we thought if we dressed him like a girl he'd identify that way."  she couldn't get away from me fast enough.  but ask a stupid question get a ridiculous answer.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting funmommy123:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

for our daugther she can get her ears pierced when she wants to & will be able to take care of them herself.  she's 10 & has no desire to get her ears pierced yet.  for our son it'd be pretty much the same thing but we may ask him to wait till he's a teen to make sure it's something he really wants. 

i work in an elementary school & we have a few boys who have thier ears pierced, one boy in my son's grade, 1st, has each ear done.  i hear the negative comments some of the teachers & parents make about young boys with their ears pierced & with long hair, we also have a few boys with really long hair.  it bugs me that they are so judgemental about the child & parents.  that judgementalness is the only reason i'd want my son to wait a bit longer.  though he has no interest in having his ears pierced at the moment.  seems to me most people deal better with older boys having longer hair & their ears pierced better than they do little ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys