Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday Traditions ?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 69 Replies

Do you and your family have hoilday traditions that you do every year ?? 

Share with us!!

baby 1stholidayholding ornamentsholding gifts

dreidelhappy hanukkahpumpkin pie

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM

We decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving while listening to Christmas music.

My sister and I get together and make a ton of homemade pierogies.

Every December 1st I give my son a small gift to kick off the 25 days of Christmas. Last year it was handmade superhero ornaments....I haven't decided on this years gift.

Liastele
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Elf on the shelf. Its the one holiday thing that doesn't annoy me.

I hate stuff and clutter, so any thing that makes a mess or takes up room annoys me. I think that is why I love elf on the shelf - she moves around my house so she's never in the way

Holly-Kathleen
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
After Thanksgiving, we decorate the tree, my mom and I bake Christmas cookies, and the whole family goes to look at lights :)
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Quoting Holly-Kathleen:

After Thanksgiving, we decorate the tree, my mom and I bake Christmas cookies, and the whole family goes to look at lights :)

Thats great ! Where do you go to look at lights ? Around the neighborhood or is their a place that makes a display?

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting Liastele:

Elf on the shelf. Its the one holiday thing that doesn't annoy me.

I hate stuff and clutter, so any thing that makes a mess or takes up room annoys me. I think that is why I love elf on the shelf - she moves around my house so she's never in the way

I was thinking about starting elf on the shelf with my two i have a 5 yr old and 16 mth old but i think the 5 yr old would really care about it

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:22 AM

that sounds like lots of fun I love the handmade superhero ornament idea i might have to try this !! Do you have any pictures of them?

Quoting ceciliam:

We decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving while listening to Christmas music.

Every December 1st I give my son a small gift to kick off the 25 days of Christmas. Last year it was handmade superhero ornaments....I haven't decided on this years gift.

AydensMommy1008
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM

My Mom always did a new pair of pj's every Christmas Eve and we were allowed to also open 1 gift that night and we'd stay up watching christmas kid movies and having snacks in the living room in front of the tv with our new jammies on. :) I miss those days. :)
Since Im a mom, I just usually let my son open a gift on Christmas Eve night and we watch some Christmas stuff as well. Havent really gotten into too much more of a 'tradition' yet though. :)

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Of course I do! lol!

Quoting Stevensmomma:

that sounds like lots of fun I love the handmade superhero ornament idea i might have to try this !! Do you have any pictures of them?

Quoting ceciliam:

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Very Neat !!! Good job I bet he loved them!

Quoting ceciliam:

Of course I do! lol!

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Quoting ceciliam:

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

My Mom always did a new pair of pj's every Christmas Eve and we were allowed to also open 1 gift that night and we'd stay up watching christmas kid movies and having snacks in the living room in front of the tv with our new jammies on. :) I miss those days. :)
Since Im a mom, I just usually let my son open a gift on Christmas Eve night and we watch some Christmas stuff as well. Havent really gotten into too much more of a 'tradition' yet though. :)

My mom did the new Pj's with the three of us too they were matching and she always took a picture of us near the tree I miss those days too ! I do the new PJs with my two boys now too but they dont care much just yet so i do a small toy with it too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)