Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of the Day: Nov 12th - Vanessa - Vertical15

Posted by   + Show Post

The Mom Of The Day (MOTD) has the right to NOT answer certain questions if she does not want to but please quote the person asking and SAY "pass pls" or something similar.

MOTD: Please try to give more than a ONE WORD reply where possible and also engage in conversation with the moms asking you questions!! It is so much more FUN when you give a little effort and CHAT and not just the one word replies.

Please refrain from replying to several questions in ONE reply as the moms who asked may get skipped over or have to scroll back several pages to see what you are replying to (and may not do it) so simply QUOTE each question and reply :) When you QUOTE someone, the person who asked will get an alert that YOU replied to them and come see what you said and maybe have more to chat about and get to know YOU better :)

Moms who are ASKING questions...there are no limits on how many, so feel free to add as many as you like. THANKS everyone!!

For those who want to sign up for 2014:

Come sign up for our Smarter Living - Mom of the Day!! (you can sign up for 2014)

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Replies (101-108):
Vertical15
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Its there ;)  I only take it out for work.  I got it done when I was 17, I think?  I forget!  I've had just over a dozen piercings, many twice. I don't recommend doing them a second time, or more! 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

When did you get your lip pierced? I couldn't see that in your profile picture! :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Vertical is a take on my 'usual' screen name Verticalabret which is a take on Vertical Labret, the name of my lip ring.  15 was my college volleyball number.

I honestly can't say just one thing.  Somedays I have the patience of a saint.  Others I feel like I'm a great teacher.  It just comes down to seeing the kids in action around other kids and adults to know I'm doing something right and so maybe I don't need one particular strength.  Did that make sense?

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

How did you choose your screen name?

What would you say are your strengths as a parent?

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Sounds really good. I like Turkey Hill. They have a lot of good flavors 

Quoting Vertical15:

My favorite ice cream is Turkey Hill Philly Graham Slam (I don't know how far out they ship) I know Turkey Hill is a central Pa thing.  The ice cream is vanilla with pices of a graham cracker type crisp throughout it and mini chocolate caramel cups. 

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Cookies and ice cream go GREAT together! ;)

What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

I've never heard of theat company. I will definitely have to check it out!

Quoting Vertical15:

I do.  I LOVE cookies and ice cream.  Even together!

I am a candle-aholic.  I used to make candles for a living for this company, http://www.kestonecandle.com/ and I still say they have the best candles anywhere!  I love Wedding Cake (caramel) and coffee scents.

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Do you have a sweet tooth?

Do you like candles? If so, what are your favorite scents?

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Yeah. I love watching them and pretending it was me choosing the house for us and deciding which one I like best.

Quoting Vertical15:

I always shake my head at the people who won't buy a home based on paint/wallpaper or fixtures-things that can be changed so simply!

Quoting sunshinepraying:

I like watching House Hunters, too. :)

Quoting Vertical15:

I bought myself a hoodie from my favorite church camp I went to as a kid that my kids now go to every summer.

Most of them.  Really!  I can watch any of them.  I don't have cable so I go to the gym to see House Hunters and other stuff on that channel and we have Netflix.  My list is HUGE!

Quoting sunshinepraying:

What's the last thing you bought for yourself?

WHat TV shows do you like to watch?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Do you drink caffeine?

Quoting Vertical15:

Water 90% of the time.  Otherwise its sprite, ginger ale or root beer. 

Quoting LifeCafe42:

When you go out to eat what do you order to drink?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I do, I like coffee.  A lot.  I drink usually at the very least one cup a day.  Usually two.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Do you drink caffeine?

Quoting Vertical15:

Water 90% of the time.  Otherwise its sprite, ginger ale or root beer. 

Quoting LifeCafe42:

When you go out to eat what do you order to drink?

Vertical15
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I always try to guess which one they will pick.  I know its fake but I still like it.  That and Love it or List it have to be my favorites on that channel.

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Yeah. I love watching them and pretending it was me choosing the house for us and deciding which one I like best.

Quoting Vertical15:

I always shake my head at the people who won't buy a home based on paint/wallpaper or fixtures-things that can be changed so simply!

Quoting sunshinepraying:

I like watching House Hunters, too. :)

Quoting Vertical15:

I bought myself a hoodie from my favorite church camp I went to as a kid that my kids now go to every summer.

Most of them.  Really!  I can watch any of them.  I don't have cable so I go to the gym to see House Hunters and other stuff on that channel and we have Netflix.  My list is HUGE!

Quoting sunshinepraying:

What's the last thing you bought for yourself?

WHat TV shows do you like to watch?

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM

What do you order when you eat at your fav spot?

Vertical15
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I just tried another one on Thursday.  I forget what it was but it was chocolate ice cream with chocolate crackers in it.  So good!

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Sounds really good. I like Turkey Hill. They have a lot of good flavors 

Quoting Vertical15:

My favorite ice cream is Turkey Hill Philly Graham Slam (I don't know how far out they ship) I know Turkey Hill is a central Pa thing.  The ice cream is vanilla with pices of a graham cracker type crisp throughout it and mini chocolate caramel cups. 

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Cookies and ice cream go GREAT together! ;)

What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

I've never heard of theat company. I will definitely have to check it out!

Quoting Vertical15:

I do.  I LOVE cookies and ice cream.  Even together!

I am a candle-aholic.  I used to make candles for a living for this company, http://www.kestonecandle.com/ and I still say they have the best candles anywhere!  I love Wedding Cake (caramel) and coffee scents.

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Do you have a sweet tooth?

Do you like candles? If so, what are your favorite scents?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)