When your child is so long legged and skinny? LOL

I already have to buy 8 slim with adjustable waist band. The pants he has on today are skinny jeans and they are baggy on him. But he looks like he's waiting for a flood. He needs a 10 for length, but even with skinny jeans, he'll look like he's wearing a parachute on his butt.

I don't know what's better, parachute tush, or flood pants?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Their pants seem to be shorter in length than Levi's...we have a pair of 8 slim from Old Navy and a pair from Gap and they've already been passed down to my youngest son. They fit like a size 6.

Quoting nkki954:

Dd had pants issues as a younger child. I always had to shop at Old Navy. They seemed to be the only place to get pants that I didn't have to have altered.

good luck.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I took up sewing with my daughter who is long and lean. I make all her pants now. It's actually really easy if you don't do pockets.

powow65
by kimmy on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
My DD is big but not tall yet, so I have to buy size 14/16 pants for her waist but she is like size8 for tall (but I only buy the bigger sizes.)
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I can't sew a button.....I'm sure his pants would be half pants, half shorts and come unraveled after 30 minutes.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I took up sewing with my daughter who is long and lean. I make all her pants now. It's actually really easy if you don't do pockets.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM

He can fit comfortably in a size 12 months around the waist...lol. But he's 4ft. 3in and all leg.

Quoting powow65:

My DD is big but not tall yet, so I have to buy size 14/16 pants for her waist but she is like size8 for tall (but I only buy the bigger sizes.)

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My 15 year old dd has legs that go on and on lol.She gets capris

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I learned to sew clothing at classes from Joanne Fabrics 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I can't sew a button.....I'm sure his pants would be half pants, half shorts and come unraveled after 30 minutes.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Ugh, my 5 year old is the same.
Lucky she is a girl though because we can do high waters with tall boots on to.cover up the fact they are!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I mean 14 teen girls pants!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

He can fit comfortably in a size 12 months around the waist...lol. But he's 4ft. 3in and all leg.

Quoting powow65:

nkki954
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I wonder if that is a difference between girls and boys clothes. They always had 3 types of pants for each cut. The L cut was long and worked for us.

I hated that my daughter always looked like she was waiting for a flood. Luckily for us, we live in south Florida and the need fir pants is rare.. Though now that she is 13 and in juniors clothes, and they fit much better.

good luck.

also, try countryoutfitter.com they make "western" pants, usually longer.i think the cinch fit has an extra long seam.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Their pants seem to be shorter in length than Levi's...we have a pair of 8 slim from Old Navy and a pair from Gap and they've already been passed down to my youngest son. They fit like a size 6.

Quoting nkki954:

Dd had pants issues as a younger child. I always had to shop at Old Navy. They seemed to be the only place to get pants that I didn't have to have altered.

good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: