Group Home

When your child is so long legged and skinny? LOL

I already have to buy 8 slim with adjustable waist band. The pants he has on today are skinny jeans and they are baggy on him. But he looks like he's waiting for a flood. He needs a 10 for length, but even with skinny jeans, he'll look like he's wearing a parachute on his butt.

I don't know what's better, parachute tush, or flood pants?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:09 AM

It's so much easier with girls! LOL

Quoting MIA0223:

Ugh, my 5 year old is the same.
Lucky she is a girl though because we can do high waters with tall boots on to.cover up the fact they are!

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Wow

What's the size difference from 14 girls to 14 teens?

Quoting powow65:

I mean 14 teen girls pants!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

He can fit comfortably in a size 12 months around the waist...lol. But he's 4ft. 3in and all leg.

Quoting powow65:

My DD is big but not tall yet, so I have to buy size 14/16 pants for her waist but she is like size8 for tall (but I only buy the bigger sizes.)

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Probably. You don't have petite, short, regular, tall for boys.

When they get into young mens sizes, there's like 30X34, first number is waist size, second number is inseam length.

Quoting nkki954:

I wonder if that is a difference between girls and boys clothes. They always had 3 types of pants for each cut. The L cut was long and worked for us.

I hated that my daughter always looked like she was waiting for a flood. Luckily for us, we live in south Florida and the need fir pants is rare.. Though now that she is 13 and in juniors clothes, and they fit much better.

good luck.

also, try countryoutfitter.com they make "western" pants, usually longer.i think the cinch fit has an extra long seam.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Their pants seem to be shorter in length than Levi's...we have a pair of 8 slim from Old Navy and a pair from Gap and they've already been passed down to my youngest son. They fit like a size 6.

Quoting nkki954:

Dd had pants issues as a younger child. I always had to shop at Old Navy. They seemed to be the only place to get pants that I didn't have to have altered.

good luck.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My brother was like this and so is my youngest daughter.  Get the slims in the length you need and have him wear a belt.  It's better if they are too big than if they are too short.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM

None of my littles are tall lol.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Tall wouldn't be so bad if he had thighs!! LOL He's sitting on an ostrich.

Quoting GypsiSky:

None of my littles are tall lol.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM

what about getting sweat suits i know they come in all styles and they have draw strings. can you sew at all can you take them in a bit ? If not then i would just buy the size he needs for the length and then use a belt and try to shrink them I would rather things a bit big on my ds than too small and him be uncomfortable

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM

my son is a stick with long legs, but thankfully not quite that bad. lol. can you sew? maybe you could make him some pants?

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I would think too much material around the thighs and butt would be more uncomfortable than it being a little short.

Sweat pants have NEVER fit him right.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

what about getting sweat suits i know they come in all styles and they have draw strings. can you sew at all can you take them in a bit ? If not then i would just buy the size he needs for the length and then use a belt and try to shrink them I would rather things a bit big on my ds than too small and him be uncomfortable

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I can't sew ANYTHING!

Quoting .Angelica.:

my son is a stick with long legs, but thankfully not quite that bad. lol. can you sew? maybe you could make him some pants?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80