Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When your child is so long legged and skinny? LOL

I already have to buy 8 slim with adjustable waist band. The pants he has on today are skinny jeans and they are baggy on him. But he looks like he's waiting for a flood. He needs a 10 for length, but even with skinny jeans, he'll look like he's wearing a parachute on his butt.

I don't know what's better, parachute tush, or flood pants?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM

haha, have you tried old navy's pants? I've found them to be a better fit for my son. they have slim styles too.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I can't sew ANYTHING!

Quoting .Angelica.:

my son is a stick with long legs, but thankfully not quite that bad. lol. can you sew? maybe you could make him some pants?

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I get what your saying what about trying on I hate to say it girls jeans nothing that looks girly just a solid jean that has nothing on it that would look like its a girls jean maybe it would be cut more skinny and fit better?? IDK I have two boys just maybe something to look into... 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I would think too much material around the thighs and butt would be more uncomfortable than it being a little short.

Sweat pants have NEVER fit him right.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

what about getting sweat suits i know they come in all styles and they have draw strings. can you sew at all can you take them in a bit ? If not then i would just buy the size he needs for the length and then use a belt and try to shrink them I would rather things a bit big on my ds than too small and him be uncomfortable

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM

We have thought about it Thing is, I'd have to buy it and bring it home to try because he'd throw a fit if I tried to get him in the girl's department, lol

Quoting Stevensmomma:

I get what your saying what about trying on I hate to say it girls jeans nothing that looks girly just a solid jean that has nothing on it that would look like its a girls jean maybe it would be cut more skinny and fit better?? IDK I have two boys just maybe something to look into... 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I would think too much material around the thighs and butt would be more uncomfortable than it being a little short.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

what about getting sweat suits i know they come in all styles and they have draw strings. can you sew at all can you take them in a bit ? If not then i would just buy the size he needs for the length and then use a belt and try to shrink them I would rather things a bit big on my ds than too small and him be uncomfortable

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Old Navy and Gap...and they seem to be shorter than Levi's. I had to give those jeans to my other son. They're 8s and fit like 6 length wise.

Quoting .Angelica.:

haha, have you tried old navy's pants? I've found them to be a better fit for my son. they have slim styles too.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I can't sew ANYTHING!

Quoting .Angelica.:

my son is a stick with long legs, but thankfully not quite that bad. lol. can you sew? maybe you could make him some pants?

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM

odd, my son has long legs and the jeans we got at kohls stopped fitting length wise while still falling off his waist. lol but old navy fit well.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Old Navy and Gap...and they seem to be shorter than Levi's. I had to give those jeans to my other son. They're 8s and fit like 6 length wise.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I can't sew ANYTHING!

Quoting .Angelica.:

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM

What brand do you buy at Kohl's? I buy him Levi...but I've never gotten them at Kohl's, so I'm not sure they sell them there, lol.

Quoting .Angelica.:

odd, my son has long legs and the jeans we got at kohls stopped fitting length wise while still falling off his waist. lol but old navy fit well.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I can't sew ANYTHING!

Quoting .Angelica.:

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I know this is a lot but what if you were to go with say a friend or your dh and have them stay with you ds in another dept. and you get the jeans and try them on him in the boys area so he doesnt know?? 

Quoting IncognitoOne:

We have thought about it Thing is, I'd have to buy it and bring it home to try because he'd throw a fit if I tried to get him in the girl's department, lol

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Stevensmomma:

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
With my son, the size is either just right around the waist and too short, or just right in the length and too big around the waist. We finally found belts that have a magnetic clip so he can maneuver it himself. It's been helping a lot
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Yeah, the too big in the waist is managable. It's them being WAY too baggy in the butt and thighs.

Quoting sunshinepraying:

With my son, the size is either just right around the waist and too short, or just right in the length and too big around the waist. We finally found belts that have a magnetic clip so he can maneuver it himself. It's been helping a lot

Jules_
by Julie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My 10 year old daughter has that problem. She can wear her brother 4t pants as shorts! We buy her skinny slims.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)