Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When your child is so long legged and skinny? LOL

I already have to buy 8 slim with adjustable waist band. The pants he has on today are skinny jeans and they are baggy on him. But he looks like he's waiting for a flood. He needs a 10 for length, but even with skinny jeans, he'll look like he's wearing a parachute on his butt.

I don't know what's better, parachute tush, or flood pants?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My son is. He can wear a 8 in waist but needs a 12 in lenght. I get slim pants with adjustable waist at walmart

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Colton can wear infant clothes (waist wise) and now needs a 10, 2 months after buying him clothes, lol.

He has no waist, no butt, no thighs...he's just not filling them out, and they're baggy. He had on SKINNY jeans this morning and they were baggy.

Quoting othermom:

My son is. He can wear a 8 in waist but needs a 12 in lenght. I get slim pants with adjustable waist at walmart

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

My daughter is the same way. I try to roll her pant legs up under but then never stay. Most of her jeans have holes and are tore up on the bottom because of it.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Oh, her pants are too long for her?

Colton's pants are too short! But he's so darn skinny buying bigger means a saggy butt, lol.

Quoting MrsRobinson06:

My daughter is the same way. I try to roll her pant legs up under but then never stay. Most of her jeans have holes and are tore up on the bottom because of it.

dmorris14
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My 15 DS has long skinny legs too.  He wears a 28x36, which I can only find online.  He has to wear skinny jeans or he looks like a balloon.  When he was younger, I would buy the jeans with the adjustable waist tabs... they worked great!!  Now... he just usually wears sweat pants.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is the opposite. He just turned 9 but is short. I bought him size 8 and they were too long and size 7's were a little too tight. I found that size 7x fit him best but not all stores carry that size. Pants from target or Walmart are always too long..same for my dd, she is short too. My youngest seems to be average height but is so skinny he needs 12 mo for width but 18 mo for height. Just can't win! 

Juniper53098
by June on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is the same way.  My clothes were always short when I was growing up.  I hated it.  So, my kids wear baggier clothes that are long enough.

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is the opposite! He's short so jeans are always too long but fit great in the waist or too tight in the waist but fit great length wise. He's 17 months and he needs a 24 month to 2T for waist but a 18 month for length. I always have to roll his jeans or he would trip over them.
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM

At least as he gets older, the sizes get more specific, so they can MAYBE fit him properly.

Quoting Juniper53098:

My daughter is the same way.  My clothes were always short when I was growing up.  I hated it.  So, my kids wear baggier clothes that are long enough.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM

My 9 yro is like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)