This s••• sucks. Yes, I said, "s•••".

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 34 Replies

As some may know my 6 month old grandson (dsd's son) is in foster care in MD. Ds and dil are in the process of getting custody now, but it is a lot of red tape because we live in WV.

We (ds, dil, dh & I) get to visit him weekly, but the court only ordered visitation for ds & dil since this is part of the unification process and he will be living with them. Either ds or dil have to be there but dh and I can join them when ever we want. All of us are, of course supervised by CPS while the back ground and home checks are going through.

Anyway, usually it is dil and I going because ds and dh's work schedule but this week ds and I were going to go since he is off tomorrow. Dil will be working.

Ds just called and said he thinks he has strept throat! 2 of his 3 kids had it 2 weeks ago. This means he won't be going tomorrow so I can't. BUMMER!

To make it worse, I am not going next week because ds and dil have a family assessment meeting that lasts for a couple hours, right after the visit. (dh & I did our family assessment last week)

I will be so glad when he is with ds and dil and our lives can return to normal.

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I am sorry!!! That sucks and its your grandson who suffers too! I get that checks are needed but stupid rules for the masses suck!
pamelax3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am sorry, I hope it all gets worked out

KW1280
by Todah on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM
The process takes a while. I adopted through DHS it went fast for us because I was already a foster mom.

The process can take 6 months - 2 years to be complete.
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM

That stinks all around hopefully things will get fixed soon and everything will be back to normal :)

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM
They told us it could be around 6the months. We are all hoping everything is done by the next court date in feb.

Quoting KW1280:

The process takes a while. I adopted through DHS it went fast for us because I was already a foster mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Sorry :( Hugs. Hope everyone is feeling better soon too.

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM

It is terrible it takes that long. :(

Quoting mrswillie:

They told us it could be around 6the months. We are all hoping everything is done by the next court date in feb.

Quoting KW1280:

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Dh started getting a sore thoat last night. I wouldn't doubt he is getting it also since the grandbabies are here a couple times a week.

Quoting wandep:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Blah :( We've had allergy problems but that is about it. Nothing major..thank goodness. 

Quoting mrswillie:

Dh started getting a sore thoat last night. I wouldn't doubt he is getting it also since the grandbabies are here a couple times a week.

Quoting wandep:

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I'm sorry.

I have a niece in Foster Care. It was hard at first, especially because she was with people she didn't even know.....but now she's with DH's aunt and uncle and it's better. Much better than being with her mom and the trash that POS drags around with her.....but I still wish I could have her.

They won't let us because while she's in Foster care, they don't want her sharing a room and I don't have an extra one for her. I could adopt her when SIL's rights are terminated, but DH's aunt has had her for over a year and loves her like her own so as long as she's adopting, I won't fight for her to come here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: