Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Family: My Favorite Holiday Apps

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

I use my phone a lot. Not as much as some folks, but I still use it quite a bit - sure, email, texting and the usual ways, but I also do my fair share of picture-taking (hello, my pal Instagram) and, yeah, I really, really dig Scramble with Friends (I mean, really like it).

I look at this little device that connects me to so much and I know it can do more. Do better things for me, more useful things. Like keeping track of my semi-chaotic life, saving me a little bit of money and keeping my family sane when patience has all bit disappeared. All of these aforementioned needs? Magnified by 10 now with the holiday season kicking off. 

So I went in search of some new apps, ones that are going to really get me on track (and my kiddo entertained in the airport) this, the most wonderful time of the year.

RoadAhead - For everyone who is hitting the road in the upcoming weeks to visit family and friends, this will save you and your family endless amounts of sanity. Like its name indicates, it tells you what is literally on the road ahead at those exits. A simple tool that solves big problems like hunger pains and potty needs.

Key Chain  -- I'm the gal who's always fumbling, searching for that store card, while the rest of you wait in the checkout line. I apologize and am vowing to no longer do that with the help of this app. It stores all of your loyalty, membership, and gift cards in one place (and lets you know of coupons and make shopping lists).

Wunderlist -- I have a gazillion lists on any given day. Add into the mix gift lists and traveling lists, well, let's bump that up to a bazillion. This little list organizer app keeps all of your lists together and lets you set reminders. It's like your personal assistant list-holder elf.

Pocket Snow Storm -- We'll be taking pictures galore. Have a little fun with those shots by adding some snowflakes to them! Take turns as you drive to your in-laws, making it snow on those photos of Mr. Whiskers the cat. 

Where is Santa -- I mean, does this need explanation? Anytime the kids are acting up, ask them to find out where Santa is...a subtle way to remind them that he's always watching, eh?

Share the best apps you use, especially during the holidays?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ susoy 

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I use Road Ninja, it's like Road Ahead but is actually available for Androids so everyone can get it, not just iPhone users.

And I use it for any road trip not just Holidays. I don't download stuff on my phone that is only good for one month out of the year.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I love road ninja. It's pretty awesome. And its true, its good all of the time. Which is a good thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
runkeeper!!!
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
notes!!
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
fertility friend I have gotten preg twice in dec lol
pinkfairy0206
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM
My husband just bought us the new samsung gallexy phone, I'm still learning how to use it! But I'm gona check out those apps!
momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM
The road all sounds cool. We go on a lot of road trips.
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I don't have a smartphone, though I have an older iPod which my kids are constantly filling with games and apps.  But I really like the idea of that RoadAhead App.  That sounds like a very useful one!

duejan13th
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I love ovuview and pandora and flashlight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN