Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to buy a 14 year old girl

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 53 Replies

Does anyone have any ideas on what to get a 14 year old girl for Christmas?  I asked her and all she wants are gift cards and money.  I would like to get her something else though and nothing too expensive!  For example, she is NOT getting a laptop!

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momoftwinkies
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM
A small ring? Mine loves clothes.
Jessicamarquez
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Necklace (:
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Earings, fun socks, drawning kit, movies she likes, tshirts with fun sayings, perfume, nail polish kit, (mine is getting) a big plush robe, school supplies, locker stuff if she has one, soft fuzzy blanket. Hope some of these are helpful :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:06 PM

What about one of those loom bracelet kits or is she too old for crafty things?

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM

A stocking of goodies...nail polish, chapstick, fuzzy socks, with the gift card in the bottom.

Juniper53098
by June on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I makeup kit

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM

my dd ( she is 14) is same way.... so I found something she doesn't RELIZE she wants lol. My dd loves coffee all of sudden. She loves going to star bucks or Mc d's any where she can get a coffee. Well I bought her a one cup coffee maker to save me money in buying coffee at shops for her lol ( no one else in my House drinks it) That will be her main gift.

Plus maybe you could do what I am doing with her gift card she will also get... I will share below...........

Have your dd go on Amazon.com and make a wish list!! Then you have physical items she wants for you to browse through. I did that with dd. SHE had a blast  pretend shopping and making her wish list kinda like she used to do to Santa on paper when young.

WELL Then I had an idea too I liked even better... Her amazon gift card I will give her I will hold on to. Instead I will make pretend amazon money equal each to a certain dollar amount and hide them. I am going to make a little scavenger hunt for her to find them christmas morning. SO when she opens her box all it will have in it is a Scavenger hunt map with clues & riddles.....! So when she finds all my fake amazon money once all found she will cash in with me for her gift card!

SO my 14 year old is happy and gets what she wants PLUS we make a memory of fun that will last long after the money is spent out and besides just handing her the card in a box!

powow65
by kimmy on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
a A++ for creativity! ^.^

Quoting suziejax:

my dd ( she is 14) is same way.... so I found something she doesn't RELIZE she wants lol. My dd loves coffee all of sudden. She loves going to star bucks or Mc d's any where she can get a coffe. Well I bought her a one cup coffee maker to save me money in buying coffe at shops for her lol ( no one else in my huse drinks it) That will be her main gift.

Plus maybe you could do what I am doing with her gift card she will also get... I will share below...........

Have your dd go on Amazon.com and make a wish list!! Then you have physical items she wants for you to browse through. I did that with dd. SHE had a blast  pretend shopping and making her wish list kinda like she used to do to sanat on paper when young.

WELL Then I had an idea too I liked even better... Her amazon gift card I will give her I will hold on to. Instead I will make pretend amazon money equal each to a certain dollar amount and hide them. I am going to make a little scavenger hunt for her to find them christmas moring. SO when she opens her box all it will have in it is a Scavenger hunt map with clues & riddles.....! So when she finds all my fake amazon money once all found she will cash in with me for her gift card!

SO my 14 year old is happy and gets what she wants PLUS we make a memory of fun that will last long after the money is spent out and besides just handing her the card in a box!

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Wow!!  I love it!!

Quoting suziejax:

my dd ( she is 14) is same way.... so I found something she doesn't RELIZE she wants lol. My dd loves coffee all of sudden. She loves going to star bucks or Mc d's any where she can get a coffee. Well I bought her a one cup coffee maker to save me money in buying coffee at shops for her lol ( no one else in my House drinks it) That will be her main gift.

Have your dd go on Amazon.com and make a wish list!! Then you have physical items she wants for you to browse through. I did that with dd. SHE had a blast  pretend shopping and making her wish list kinda like she used to do to Santa on paper when young.

WELL Then I had an idea too I liked even better... Her amazon gift card I will give her I will hold on to. Instead I will make pretend amazon money equal each to a certain dollar amount and hide them. I am going to make a little scavenger hunt for her to find them christmas morning. SO when she opens her box all it will have in it is a Scavenger hunt map with clues & riddles.....! So when she finds all my fake amazon money once all found she will cash in with me for her gift card!

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow ladies!  So many creative and wonderful ideas!  Thank you all so much and now my stress is gone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)