Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update on our houseguest from he!!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 55 Replies

she's leaving this week.  yeah!!  & just in time because i don't think my sanity can take much more of her.  especially after last night & today.  she's just so gross!!

we went out coat shopping last night.  (my daughter had a growth since sept & needs a new winter coat) while we were gone she made a mess of the kitchen cooking herself dinner.  now how you make such a huge mess when you're cooking for just one i'll never understand).  well she was in her room when we got home & after about 15min or so hubby knocked on the door & asked if she planned on cleaning up the kitchen to which she replies "oh, yes, yes, i'm sorry, i forgot!" (we've heard this often when it comes to cleaning up her messes).  so she cleans but leaves a pot of rice on the stove.  it sat there all night & she ate it this morning.  as one who works in the food industry, has taken numerous classes on safe food handling & is serve safe certified i was completely grossed out she would do such.  but that wasn't as bad as the smoothie she made.  she had cut cantaloupe in the fridge that was starting to mold, she simple cut off the mold & tossed the cantaloupe in the blender for her smoothie.  then she offered some to my kids!

oh wednesday can't get here soon enough!!

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Super gross ! I would be counting the seconds! LOL

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM

that just sounds terrible! who is she?

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Ewwww gross :/ i feel glad for you that she will be leaving soon lol.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM

she's the sil of one of my husband's friend.  we were helping out by letting her stay here till my husband's friend moved into a bigger apartment & she could move in with them.  they had a one bedroom with a baby.  she's rude, inconsiderate, messy & gross.  not things you'd expect from a 40 something woman.

Quoting lyrick24:

that just sounds terrible! who is she?

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM

oh i am!!

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Super gross ! I would be counting the seconds! LOL

EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Okay, so call me gross. The rice didn't go bad overnight in the pan. Crunchy I imagine, but didn't go bad. And cutting mold off food is not wrong. People are very wasteful with food.

MamaMandee
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Im so happy for you! Hurry up Wednesday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM

some foods perhaps but melons, because of their "make-up", are the biggest carries of bad bacteria.  simple cutting off the "bad" part that you see is not getting rid of it.

Quoting EireLass:

Okay, so call me gross. The rice didn't go bad overnight in the pan. Crunchy I imagine, but didn't go bad. And cutting mold off food is not wrong. People are very wasteful with food.

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM

All I gotta say is eww gross! Glad she is leaving!!! I bet you can't wait!! :)

KW1280
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Be careful when letting people stay, if the establish residency then you have to take them to court and 30 days to move. You are a better person than me, she would have been gone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN