Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holiday cards

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 30 Replies

do you send them out?  if so what type?  photo?  regular? e-cards?

do you send christmas greetings or general happy holiday ones?

i do a combo of e-cards & regular ones.  e-cards go to those i know don't really care for physical cards, regular cards for those that do like them.  never done a photo card, just haven't gotten around to getting a picture taken & getting them made in time.

i send out a generic "happy holiday's" greeting with either card type.  i have many friends that don't celebrate christmas; they celebrate yule, kwanza, channukah, so i don't want to send them christmas greetings.  just like i wouldn't want to get channukah or kwanza cards when i don't celeberate those holidays. ;o)  sending a "happy holiday" card encompasses everything.

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We send out Christmas photo cards.  I would not mind getting Yule, Kwanza, or Channukah cards from people who celebrate those things.  Be proud of what you believe.  It is not disrespectful to share your beliefs.

Mznaye
by Jo on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I don't send out cards
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM

oh definitely not.  i just know some that would get upset for receiving a "merry christmas" card from someone that knows they don't celebrate christmas. 

Quoting Juniper53098:

We send out Christmas photo cards.  I would not mind getting Yule, Kwanza, or Channukah cards from people who celebrate those things.  Be proud of what you believe.  It is not disrespectful to share your beliefs.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

we get photo ones of the kids bc everyone always wants to see pics of them we do something different every year its been happy holidays or merry Christmas which ever i think looks nice

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I send them out, I make my own.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I send out a photo card of the kids in front of the tree every year. It often says Happy Holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I love to send my dad's side family but they send any back.
:(
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM

i don't even get 1/2 as many back as i send out.  not even e-cards which i think is sad.  it's like it's too hard to send out a holiday greeting.  yet the one year i didn't have time to send them out everyone freaked out on me thinking something serious was going on.  funny how that is!

Quoting powow65:

powow65
by kimmy on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Wtf?!
Well I know my (uncle, aunt & two cousins) have wicked busy life's!!!!!

Quoting lizzig:

i don't even get 1/2 as many back as i send out.  not even e-cards which i think is sad.  it's like it's too hard to send out a holiday greeting.  yet the one year i didn't have time to send them out everyone freaked out on me thinking something serious was going on.  funny how that is!

Quoting powow65:

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I send Merry Christmas cards out...I either buy the box set with a design on them or I use the kids pictures I take throughout the year. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)