Are you a planned or compulsive shopper?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 31 Replies
Do you go in with a list, or just look and grab, or a little of both?
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kdgord
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I go in with a list most of the time... unless I only need a couple things and can remember what I am getting. I way over spend if I go without a list on bigger trips.
anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Depends.  Grocery shopping?  You betcha I have a list!  Even if I just need like 3 items, I walk in and my mind goes BLANK, then I end up over spending.  We are also very much a plan ahead people for biger ticket items like vaccuums, electronics, and most things over $100.  We also made an agreement when we got married that anything over $100, we would have to BOTH be there to make the purchase (to avoid impulse buys and blame later).  However, we do tend to make impulse buys for things like small aplliances, toys for the kids and dogs...you know fun stuff.

luvnature
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I don't usually do a list. but if we do go shopping as a family, we each going to have a list of at least 5 items for the other three family members and we get to choose at least 3 items from the list we have or all 5 items if the prices are right. we are a family who loves to spoil each other, 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I usually plan. I love to coupon so I spend hours going through ads and coupons

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Mostly plan...I have to make a list of everything we need, since we are struggling it's the only thing we can do.
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

A little of both. Groceries I'm pretty planned, just get what's on my list, but don't turn me loose in an outlet mall!

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I plan but i also leave room to be a bit impetuous :)

powow65
by kimmy on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
My dad is a compulsive buyer.
I'm more planned but I might accidently buy a yarn or two. Lol
Momoftwinkies
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I have an app on my phone that has my list. I never forget it at home anymore.
taniamorse85
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Planned. I don't have the money to be a compulsive shopper. There are two lists on the fridge at all times that anyone in the household can add to: food and non-food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: