Great Gifts For The 2013 Holidays

By AngellaD on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Last Thursday morning, I received a package in the mail from the lovely folks at Kmart. I was excited about it, but not near as excited about it as my kids were. The package contained a toy for each of them and as soon as my kids heard what was en route, they never stopped asking when the box of goods was coming. My eldest son is a huge lover of LEGO and he'd been talking about LEGO Legends of Chima for the past few months (poor kid has a December birthday, so he gets new toys ALL AT ONCE). My middle child loves Hot Wheels and getting a Hot Wheels Car Maker to make a customized car BLEW HIS MIND. And then there was my daughter -- she was getting a FURBY BOOM.

(Side note: I had said I'd never buy my kids a Furby. Well played, Kmart.)

The package arrived before a long weekend, and we had plans to spend it at our family cabin. My boys suggested waiting until we were at the cabin to open up their new toys (Who are these boys, and where are my boys?), but their sister wanted to meet her Furby as soon as she got home from school. It was love at first giggle.

We (Graham) cracked open the LEGO once we were at the cabin and he's pretty stoked about the Lion Attack, as you can see. It gets his Seal of Approval, for sure.

Nathan had a blast with the Hot Wheels Car Maker. The machine itself is cool in that it tells you what to do and when, and Nathan had way too much fun building cars when we weren't outside sledding. He gives it two thumbs up.

As for the Furby, it's now a part of our family. Emily could not be happier about it and it gets her Seal of Approval as well.

Funny story from our weekend at the cabin:

The kids woke up and I could hear them whispering to each other, trying not to wake my husband and I up (It's an open and lofty cabin). I was already awake, and whispered to them that they could get up and go downstairs. Could they also turn on the coffee?

They tiptoed downstairs and turned on the coffee, being very quiet about it all. I could hear them whispering and being so very quiet and then ... somebody woke up Furby and his voice reverberated throughout the cabin.

"WAKEY, WAKEY! EGGS AND BAKEY!"

I started giggling and couldn't stop. Well played, Furby.

Has Furby invaded your house too? Do your kids love LEGO and Hot Wheels as much as mine do?

AngellaD About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • Vertical15
  • by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • I have three boys and all of them are obsessed with LEGOs.  We went to Legoland last year while on vacation and it was the highlight of their trip.  We have so many around the house.  My 5yo has requested a lego themed birthday this year (we have to fit that into Dec somewhere, his birthday is the 22nd!)

• Quote Reply
  • Mznaye
  • by Jo on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • Ds may get some next year. He has mega blocks right now

Quoting celestegood:

They are here, at least! lol Two of my boys are getting legos for christmas.

Quoting Mznaye:

Legos are always a hit with boys
  • Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: