Are you OCD about anything?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:46 AM
  • 12 Replies

Is there any certain thing or things that you just have to do a certain way? lol It can be anything....from how your books are in order or how your daily routine is!

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I'll admit that I'm really OCD about my laundry and how it's washed. I am frugal. I like to make my clothes last as long as possible. Anything "nice" that gets worn out of the house like jeans, nice tshirts, shirts, or legging/yoga type pants gets hung up to dry. I wash everything inside out so it doesn't get worn out. I only dry pajamas, towels, socks, house clothes, and play clothes. I like my hangers to be all separated into sections together in the laundry room so that when you need a hanger to hang up clothes you're not pulling down 15 hangers trying to get the right one! That drives me absolutely crazy! 

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I feel off if I dont write a Things To Do list though after I have written it, I dont look at it again.  It is more to organize my thoughts.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the kids drawers organized and I hate when my 3 yr old mixes her pants in her shirt drawers.  Or she is searching for something and all my nicely fold shirts get messed up.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:12 AM
That's a good way to stay organized though! I can see how it would work.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I feel off if I dont write a Things To Do list though after I have written it, I dont look at it again.  It is more to organize my thoughts.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:19 AM
This drives me crazy too lol

Quoting momofnatalie:

I have the kids drawers organized and I hate when my 3 yr old mixes her pants in her shirt drawers.  Or she is searching for something and all my nicely fold shirts get messed up.

bhwrn1
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM

How I clean my kitchen and def how I have my books!

mom2jessnky
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM

It's not OCD, it's called being "Type A" or neurotic or high maintenance or having a preference. OCD is an extremely serious issue and no one is "OCD" about one thing, if you actually have OCD it's EVERYTHING.

It's a SUPER pet peeve of mine when people say "I'm SO OCD about this" no you aren't. I actually have OCD (as in diagnosed by a real doctor and go to therapy for it) and I can tell you, wanting your laundry done a certain way is NOT OCD, and never will be. I would LOVE for that to be the extent of my problems.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

My placemats have to be perfect on the table..And off the table, they have to be stacked just so...Everything else, whatever... 

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Towels get folded a certain way. Dishes can't be left in the sink long. They get washed after every meal and before bed. My bed has to be made everyday. My closet is organizer a specific way. Shirts hang according to sleeve length, then color. Sweaters are folder and stacked according to color. Jeans are folder and placed into 2 piles, skinny (I wear with boots) and boot cut.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Yes, my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: