Group Home

Teacher's gifts

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 103 Replies
So this is my daughter's first year in school. I want to get her teachers something for Christmas but I have absolutely no idea where to even start!! What do you get your kids teachers for Christmas?
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I haven't even thought about it.

I got blankets one year, and a cast iron cookie thing last year. This year, I don't know if I'll have the money to get them anything.

JKuney
by Jessica on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Those are good ideas. I am also thinking of doing something homemade. I was thinking maybe one of those cookies in a jar thing...

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I got blankets one year, and a cast iron cookie thing last year. This year, I don't know if I'll have the money to get them anything.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I was going to do similar, but I thought about it and decided against it. School policy is nothing home made to go to the students, so I didn't know how teachers would feel.

Quoting JKuney:

Those are good ideas. I am also thinking of doing something homemade. I was thinking maybe one of those cookies in a jar thing...

Quoting IncognitoOne:

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Most teachers prefer gift cards to Walmart, staples, Kmart, etc. They put a lot of money out of pocket. Imagine if the teacher had been teaching for 10 years in every student got them a Christmas ornament.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JKuney
by Jessica on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Oh that is a good point... maybe something else homemade. I'll have to look into it :)

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I was going to do similar, but I thought about it and decided against it. School policy is nothing home made to go to the students, so I didn't know how teachers would feel.

Quoting JKuney:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Last year I got a $10 gift card to Bath and Body Works.
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Not sure what I will do this year.
JKuney
by Jessica on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Lol I never thought about it like that!! A gift card might not be bad idea, I will have to check into that.

Quoting mrswillie:

Most teachers prefer gift cards to Walmart, staples, Kmart, etc. They put a lot of money out of pocket. Imagine if the teacher had been teaching for 10 years in every student got them a Christmas ornament.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I am thinking a charm bracelet with the school colors and a bulldog charm. Her husband coaches football and her daughter is a cheerleader, she also coaches something. So I think it be fitting.
JKuney
by Jessica on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM

That's a good idea. I think everyone could find something in there that they like. I like gift cards too because its easier for them to pick what they want

Quoting ashleymosq:

Last year I got a $10 gift card to Bath and Body Works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80