Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should there a sequel to It's a Wonderful Life?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 28 Replies

'It's a Wonderful Life' Sequel Is Going to Be Anything But Wonderful (PHOTOS)

posted by Jill Baughman

it's a wonderful lifeYou know what? Some things are simply sacred. For example, every year, during Christmas, my family and I watch It's a Wonderful Life. Even though we're chasing after little kids, putting together gifts with 10,000 parts, and trying to get dinner prepared while doing so, it's still on in the background, providing a comforting, familiar soundtrack to the goings-on in a happy, bustling house.

Sooooooooo when I heard that there were plans to make a sequel to It's a Wonderful Life, it's no wonder that the Internet flipped a complete shit. How could they touch this 1946 classic? Do movie producers have no shame? What more could they possibly say about George Bailey, the "richest man in town"?

Well, apparently, Star Partners and Hummingbird Productions are promising to show what happened after George got his family back. No no no no no no no and no.

The filmmakers announced, “Scheduled for release during the 2015 holiday season, the plot of It’s a Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story will answer the questions: ‘Whatever happened to George Bailey?’ ‘Did Mr. Potter really got away with stealing $8,000?’ and ‘Did George ever get to build those bridges?’”

The proposed $30 million sequel will reportedly introduce a twist: George Bailey's grandson, also named George Bailey, is very unlikable, and an angel shows him how much better the world would be if he’d never been born. This has to be a story from The Onion, right?

Filmmakers: STOP. The story in and of itself wrapped up perfectly. It's an amazing, heartwarming, touching film and does not need to be in any way "updated." Please go find an original idea instead of messing with the ones that have already worked.

Just take a look at the range of emotions fans were feeling when hearing this news. First, they couldn't believe what they were hearing:

it's a wonderful life

Then they got pissed. REALLY pissed:

it's a wonderful life

Then they got sad:

it's a wonderful life

Every fan wished to win the lottery so they had enough money to fix this atrocity.

it's a wonderful life

Seriously, are we living in the Twilight Zone? Oh wait ...

it's a wonderful life

But now it seems that Paramount is fighting so that the sequel never gets made. Thank goodness! You can't help but burst with joy!

it's a wonderful life

Hopefully all will soon be right in the world again.

it's a wonderful life

Because this movie should remain untouched and untarnished, as its lessons are relevant for every generation.

it's a wonderful life

Seriously. Don't mess with a classic.

it's a wonderful life

it's a wonderful life

What was your reaction when you heard about the It's a Wonderful Life sequel?

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I think it's silly all these remakes! Can't people come up with original work these days?

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM

No. I think it's absolutely silly to do this. 

ZombieChicken
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM
No
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM

No they should not make one at all because it will be so stuipd. They made another Christmas story and it sucked.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I just heard this.  This is my favorite movie and I don't think they should make a sequel.  It ended well and I don't know how they could improve on that.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No need for a sequel.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM

:Quoting Cafe AmyB:

What was your reaction when you heard about the It's a Wonderful Life sequel?

The first that I ever heard of it was when I saw the title of this post, and my immediate reaction was "absolutely not!"  "It is just wrong to mess with a classic like that."  And I completely agree with this article!

I think this line sums it up absolutely perfectly! 

"...this movie should remain untouched and untarnished, as its lessons are relevant for every generation."

'It's a Wonderful Life' Sequel Is Going to Be Anything But Wonderful (PHOTOS)

posted by Jill Baughman

You know what? Some things are simply sacred

No no no no no no no and no.

Filmmakers: STOP. The story in and of itself wrapped up perfectly. It's an amazing, heartwarming, touching film and does not need to be in any way "updated." Please go find an original idea instead of messing with the ones that have already worked.

Seriously. Don't mess with a classic.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I won't watch it
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM

This is the first I'm hearing about it....I've never watched the whole movie but I want to. I don't get worked up about such silly things as a sequel.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I say leave the classics alone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)