I Left Him Scared & Screaming

Posted by   + Show Post
I hate this. My parrot is sick. He is mentally as intelligent as a five year old. I noticed he was sitting on the bottom of his cage tonight weak. We had to go to the vet and then rushed to an avian emergency vet two hours away. He got fluids and baby formula. We had to leave him though. He knew we were going and freaked. He kept saying mama for me and I wept. The hospital live in cat was trying to cuddle with me. I just sat there crying as Dan paid the admitting fees. I know its odd to some but he's a baby and scared. He knows he's not ok and knows I left him. He is going to be pissed after this. He doesn't deserve this. I wish more vets took birds so he was closer. I am so afraid of losing him. We still don't now what is wrong. Waiting on lab work.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM

So sorry, we felt the same way when we had our cats neutered and they had to stay overnight. Hope they find out what's wrong and it's nothing serious.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how hard that was.  I hope they can find what is wrong with him.

shoot4thestars
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Aww...hope he is okay.  I didn't know some vets won't take birds. 

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Bless his heart :( I couldn't leave if he said mommy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Shawna on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Awww, I"m sorry.  I hope everything is ok.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM

No .... now I wish I did. I am always too busy enjoying the moment. 

Quoting deedee3849:

Oh wow! That is awesome! I'd love to meet him! Got any videos?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Oh yes. He can talk to me to tell me things like "There's a kitty outside." & "Mails here." & "I'm good boy. Cookie?" He gives kisses and cuddles. He goes to play groups at a parrot shop and enjoys shopping for toys. Oh and he plays peek a boo and chases the cat who is his best friend. Yes the parrot chases the tabby.

Quoting deedee3849:

I never knew birds were that relational...wow! I'm sorry he's sick and missing you. I hope he's better soon...keep us posted.

Cukimonster
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM
We adopted a kitty a little while back. On the ride home, she didn't make a peep. She just wanted to snuggle with DS. A week later I realized she was having belly issues (turned out to be worms) and we took her to the vet. She was so upset the whole ride, meowing and crying the whole way. I think she thought we were taking her back. I felt horrible.

I think it will be ok. I know it was hard, but he needs help, and you are providing it. It's what he needs. Try not to let it get you too down, he'll be home soon. It's better than having him home suffering without medical care.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I'm so sorry. :( I hope they can get him the medical care he needs so he can come home to you soon.

Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry , it's not odd sounds normal to me I would be upset too. I hope he's ok and is back home soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM

aww :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: