Group Home

I Left Him Scared & Screaming

Posted by   + Show Post
I hate this. My parrot is sick. He is mentally as intelligent as a five year old. I noticed he was sitting on the bottom of his cage tonight weak. We had to go to the vet and then rushed to an avian emergency vet two hours away. He got fluids and baby formula. We had to leave him though. He knew we were going and freaked. He kept saying mama for me and I wept. The hospital live in cat was trying to cuddle with me. I just sat there crying as Dan paid the admitting fees. I know its odd to some but he's a baby and scared. He knows he's not ok and knows I left him. He is going to be pissed after this. He doesn't deserve this. I wish more vets took birds so he was closer. I am so afraid of losing him. We still don't now what is wrong. Waiting on lab work.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (21-29):
CalicoMeezer
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
My kitty gets angry at the vet's office. lol She's not a good patient. She's a meanie and tried to scratch up her nurse the last visit. We had to do a "drop-off," where we took her in the morning, and picked her up in the afternoon, and the vet called during the day after he did the exam. She's not good for regular visits either, though. She has to get a dental cleaning in January or February; at least then she'll be knocked-out. :)

I'm sorry about your baby. :( Said a prayer for him, and you. :)
Jessica79
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM

aawww :( I hope he's ok! *hugs*

anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM

That is SO sad!  I always feel so bad when I have to leave my pet (like when I had to leave my dog when he got neutered) because they KNOW something is up but they can't express it verbally!  That must make it so much harder!  I hope everything works out okay!

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I hope everything works out for the best!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Awww you just made me so sad. My MIL had birds I have recently become more understanding & loving of them. I really hope it is okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Awwww, honey... HUGS!

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Aww :(
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Aww big hugs hon.
Let us know how he is :)

PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:11 AM

*Hugs* I hope your bird is feeling better this morning.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80