Group Home

SAHM's - what is the longest period you've been alone with your kids without help?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 630 Replies

I'm on day #1 of a 10 day stretch of being all alone with the kiddos (4 and 22 mo).  DH is traveling out of the country to see his family.  It's going to be a long 10 days but so far it's going well.  DD just did a bunch of homeschool pages for writing and DS is doing some French game on the ipad!

A quick little break for me.

We have lots of holiday activites planned, hope the weather holds out!

My family lives states away and my babysitter (a 15 yr old) was scheduled for 3 hrs on 2 days cancelled on me yesterday GRRRR

Update: Day #2 - we went to a parade today and it went well.  So far we're all still alive lol That's my goal...just keep everyone alive.

Day #3 - it's 8:40 and I hear footsteps just now...DD slept in late...I got up at 6:30 and did what you ask??? I RAN 5 miles on the treadmill! WHOO HOO!

What is the longest you've gone with no help?

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
berlgirl1224
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Two weeks. My husband was sent to canada for a school (college)!project for a week, came home, washed his clothes, packed his bags then flew to japan for a week for work related stuff.
I was fine, just lonely in my big bed. I won't say I didn't invite the kids in and they didnt take me up on the offer :)
jjchick75
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

A week. My husband travels for work. I don't mind it. I'm alone with the kids a lot anyway, that might change in January when we had our 5th child 5 and under lol.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!! Wow! Not that you have 5 but that it's 5 under 5!! You don't mess around, superwoman. How fun that they are all so close in age.  Challenging I'm sure but super fun too!

My DH travels for work too but usually only 3-4 days max.

Quoting jjchick75:

A week. My husband travels for work. I don't mind it. I'm alone with the kids a lot anyway, that might change in January when we had our 5th child 5 and under lol.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Man, that's rough!  I told DD she could sleep with me every night until he got back.  She's 4 and was SO sad when we left the airport yesterday.  She cried the whole walk back to the car.  I felt really bad.

Quoting berlgirl1224:

Two weeks. My husband was sent to canada for a school (college)!project for a week, came home, washed his clothes, packed his bags then flew to japan for a week for work related stuff.
I was fine, just lonely in my big bed. I won't say I didn't invite the kids in and they didnt take me up on the offer :)

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Just during the day when hubby is at work. My kids are older now...7 and 10 years old. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Five days when he goes ice fishing each year. He was just gone for a long weekend last week, too. Fortunately my husband is such a homebody that he doesn't really like being away, and it doesn't happen often.

Do you try to make plans with friends while your DH is away? I find that a change of scenery and seeing a new person helps us a lot.
connorsmama06
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM

A week. Dh travels a lot

KW1280
by Todah on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I work part time my hubby went to Dallas for 3 days
mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM

2 weeks while my husband was at Honda Training 2 yrs ago

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM
My hubby is rarely gone overnight but there was a stretch this past summer where he was only home to sleep, eat breakfast, and leave again. Does that count? The kids didn't see him once for like 3 weeks and he wasn't here long enough to do anything but make more dishes and laundry dirty!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels