Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two Toys That Let Little Girls Use Their Imaginations

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 67 Replies

I have a hard time choosing toys for my four and six year old daughters. There are a lot of things I see in the store that I think they’ll love, but often, they’ll be excited about them for a day or so and toss them aside. They did find two toys from Kmart that they still play with, though, and I consider that a huge win.

The Doc McStuffins Check-Up Center is amazing....my girls (and their brothers) LOVE it. We watch the show, and it somehow makes the real doctor's office seem less scary. The Check-Up Center has everything....an x-ray machine that actually lights up, a "big book of boo-boos" that talks, a phone with messages from Hallie the Hippo, sticker "bandages", a growth chart and scale, and their very own Lamby to "examine." 

My girls and I both love toys like this. I love that they can use their imaginations and take care of their stuffed friends like they see Doc do on TV, and they love having the tools that they have seen their own doctor use and the ability to connect with some of their favorite characters. Both of the girls told me that they love "giving Lamby a check-up."

Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Suzette the Sweet doll is a lot of fun for the girls, as well. I've been a Lalaloopsy fan since the dolls came out...I love their sweet faces and rag doll details, and the abundance of different characters and costumes to choose from. Suzette the Sweet is a little different than the original dolls, in that she has thick, flexible hair that kids can manipulate into so many different styles. She came with barrette clips and bows to decorate her locks, and a "curling iron" to curl them. My six year old's favorite feature was the ability to curl Suzette's hair and that it would stay just the way she wanted it.  

The two toys, The Doc McStuffins Check-Up Center and the Lalaloopsy Silly Hair doll, get both my girls' and my Seal of Approval.

What are the top toys are on your kids' Christmas lists this year?   

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Cute! Dd wants sophis the first dressup
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
sophia
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I like anything that lets kids role play or use their imaginations... My son's top toy this year is anything Lego, of course!
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Those are cute. I don't have any little girls on my list!

My boys want Transformers Rescue Bots and a train set.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
We have no less than FOUR different train sets thanks to my family, but he wants "Power Trains"
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
And my youngest likes the Imaginext sets at the store but doesn't seem interested in taking one home.
fraujones
by Amanda on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Tfs. My oldest wants an American Girl Doll this year. They'd both like the toys you posted :)
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:55 PM
The Doc McStuffins one sounds great. I'll have to check that out. My kids have only seen the show once or twice, but they'd like the concept of it.
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
DS wants Thomas tracks and trains, Lego City sets, and games.
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM
DD is into Minnie Mouse, Hello Kitty, and Elmo. She is also into baby doll stuff. She'll be getting stuff for those, like a baby doll high chair, baby doll stroller, Hello Kitty umbrella, princess duplo Lego castle, and other stuff in those categories
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN