Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hire or DYI

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • 64 Replies

To Mow Your Grass

Mowing lawn with a push mower for 30 minutes - Burns 243 calories

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I would do it myself if we had a yard  or if i knew of a preteen or teen that wanted to earn money, I would hire them.

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Dh does it. We have a huge back yard (169 feet long by 69 feet wide) and a push gas mower. It takes him up to 3 hours to do it. I know he would love a riding mower to cut down on time, but right now we just can't afford one. He loves mowing the lawn, he finds it relaxing. Some times when we have been very busy or when dh works overnights all week, one of our neighbours will mow our lawn (front yard and backyard) and they don't charge us for doing it, because this always happens on the days they do theirs, so adding our yard is not a big deal. We never ask them to do the lawn, they just do it to be neighbourly. Dh always mows their front yard when doing ours (our neighbours on each side of us yave very small front yard, so it is hard to mow with the riding mower).

JessiFaye
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:52 AM
We live in a row house with an HOA, so it is done for us. DH would do it if not, though. He mows for my mom and grandpa.
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:11 AM

My husband does it...He has a riding lawn mower...But the horses are doing a great job right now.....(Not our horses, they were on the property when we moved in)

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I mow ours.
mom2jessnky
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

The housing people hire out a company to do that. If it was actually put in my lap to do, someone would be getting paid to do it. I'm allergic to grass.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:45 AM

We have a landscaper. I have told my husband that I would do it now that my son is older, but he won't hear of it. My husband has allergies, so being that we have 2 acres to mow, it would not be good for his allergies.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Dyi. We have a riding mower but I push mower many times for exercise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Dh is super anal about his lawn.  He does it himself.  

Personally I just don't care...it's grass...looks fine to me. Lol

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I mow the front yard and my ds mows the back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)