Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Shopping: Black Friday Sales Tips

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 34 Replies

My sister and mom went Christmas shopping last weekend. Not their first trip and definitely not their last, I think. And why not? It seems like the Sales of the Season started the day after Kiddo went trick-or-treating. In a few days, the famous Black Friday will be here.

The fabulous savings of Black Friday has definitely been extended to pre-Black Friday discounts and beyond...which is great for us who want to make this the merriest of Christmases, but still have to keep a reign on spending and stick (somewhat) to the budget. Yet, we all know shopping the sales can actually be a little tricky. Before you head out over Black Friday weekend, take a gander at these hints and tips to keep you sane and on target!

Have a game plan!
There will be tons of savings, tons of gift options, and tons and tons of people. Before you head out, have a game plan. Know the stores you want to hit as well as what you are getting at each of the stores.

Eat and Drink
There is nothing worse than trying to find that right gift for your uber-hard-to-buy-for cousin while being thirsty and having low-blood sugar. Be sure to take breaks and bring granola bars with protein and a bottle of water for emergency food needs.

Remember, there's always Monday
Cyber Monday has become just as huge as Black Friday. All of your favorite stores are having great deals online. From the comfort of your couch, see what deals they may have -- always look for free shipping and try to combine your shopping at a few stores...often that gets more bang for your buck.

Are you hitting the sales on Black Friday? What are you shopping for this year?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ marekuliasz

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You*, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

No Black Friday shopping for us this year ;)

wandep
by Pam on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I have been looking around online and haven't really seen anything. Debating a karaoke machine for daughter but then you have to buy extra cds for it. SO IDK. LOL That is the only thing I saw. I always like looking thru the sale ads on Thanksgiving. My mil brings her paper over and we sit down after we eat and all look at it. :) We don't have much money so if hubby and I do go this will help us out. Mind you we won't be getting up at no 3 am. lol

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I dit this a few times when the kids were little, to get a good price on certain toys, but Now I just stay home and enjoy the day!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM
We don't do Black Friday.
jacopopessina
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Black Friday is great, but I have a list or things in mind otherwise it can get out of hand.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I haven't gone in several years.  My mom and I used to go together every year, and it was so much fun!  We always had water and snacks in the car for a morning start (I don't do well on an empty stomach) and a plan for the things we were most interested in at our favorite stores.  Breakfast afterward, just as the "amateurs" were arriving, and home to enjoy the rest of the day playing board games or cards with our family!

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I'll go to the mall to join my mom and sister for the fun of it, but I don't think I'll be going to the stores..I'll leave that to them ;)
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Im not sure if we are going.. our financial situation at this moment is very harsh, so much that i dont know where we are going to find money for christmas gifts :/

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM

i never shop the weekend after thanksgiving.  in fact i try to be down with the majority of my shopping before thanksgiving. i hate the crowds & the fact that people seem more rude & inconsiderate during such sales.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I stay home & decorate for Christmas on Black Friday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN