Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeping The Kids Busy During Thanksgiving Break - What Are You Doing?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

Some of us are already on Thanksgiving break and others will be in the next day or two. What are you doing or have planned to keep the kids busy? 

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Nothing special.
They are out Wednesday . That day they can color play watch movies or help me cook. Thursday we will be gone all day and they are staying with mamaw.
Jules_
by Julie on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Nothing planned except family functions. I am looking forward to the laid back easy going of breaks. I just love cuddling with my kids and they do too.
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Mine have a half day tomorrow. We dont have anything major planned other than getting started on Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

yesterday my daughter had a playdate & i took my son to see "planes" at the cheap theater.

today we're cleaing house.  the rule in our home is in order to get more stuff for holidays & birthdays they have to get rid of stuff.

tomorrow we'll take all that they are getting rid of to the foster support center.  so far looks like i'll have a pretty full car.

turkey day we may go to a neighbors whose having a thanksgiving open house for a bit or just stay home & chill out. 

friday we'll get the christmas decorations out.

saturday we have a photo shoot scheduled, hubby & i realized it's been 3 years since we had family photos taken.

sunday is church & then ceili band for my daughter.

so we're busier than i wanted to be this week but not too over scheduled.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

They are gonna help clean the house...

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM

We went to a library storytime/craft today.  I'm going to run a few errands tomorrow and then we'll do some crafts at home as well as make turkey cookies.  We might rake leaves too, the kids LOVE that!

momma-flynn
by Greta on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM
She spent Sunday with a friend & slept over. Last night we had her birthday party & the girls just went home. We are going to go shopping later. Wednesday will be a lazy day at home.
dandylynes
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Our problem is the other direction.  FInding some down time for her during break.  She has too much to deal with over the weekend with theater rehearsals and robotics (I'm not happy about it, but she's the one who filled her plate).  She will be at her boyfriends house on Thanksgiving day, I don't think they will expect much out of her, so hopefully they will relax.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Their cousins are here so they are thoroughly entertained. My middle and my Sister's middle are long lost twins and I hear them trying to pretend like they are sleeping lol
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Apparently today it is run around the house like wild monkeys!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)