Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Turn Your Placenta Into a Teddy Bear?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 95 Replies

by  Jupiterimages/Thinkstock

Remember when Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry welcomed her son, Lincoln Marshall Marroquin, into the world on November 16? Of course you do, because it was also the fated day that Kailyn had her placenta dehydrated and encapsulated to snack on postpartum. Good times!

Kailyn's come under a lot of criticism from fans who are totally weirded out by the concept of eating their own body parts, but please. There are so many stranger things she could have done with that placenta. She could have fried it up and had it for breakfast, planted it under a tree, or turned it into an adorable teddy bear! Because, yes, that's a thing.

Note: you might want to put down that bag of chips. You will no longer be hungry from here on out.

Apparently, placenta teddy bears are an up-and-coming way for parents to preserve the sack of goo that nourished their child for 9 months, and designer Alex Green is ready and waiting to make one for you. Green started making the teddy bears in 2008, and the process is pretty simple thanks to some salt-curing and egg-rubbing. (Insert side-eyes here.)

Green says that the cured placenta is "somewhere between leather and suede," and though he hasn't started an official business making them, he claims that they're "quite soft" and huggable. Because who doesn't want to hug what used to be a bloody organ?

Would you turn your placenta into a bear, or are you reaching for a brown paper bag to deep breathe into right about now?

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beauty91805
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I would not.
northernmommy
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

different strokes for different folks but ew no for me

ToniTennille
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I'd do it just for the gross factor. lol I have a camel bladder lamp. I always get compliments on it. "Oh I love that lamp! Where did you get it? Is it painted leather?" lmao That's just my off sense of humor. I blame my Dad. ;)

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

uhm what?  i simple can not wrap my brain around any of that post

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Eww no way
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Ew, no
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Um no. No no no no no.
ColeyPiePlus2
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Nope!
godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Quoting lizzig:

uhm what?  i simple can not wrap my brain around any of that post

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
No I wouldn't
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN