Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Colors of the Season

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

There is a reason people traditionally celebrate the winter holidays with music, candles, greenery, bright lights, sparkly ornaments, and bold, bright colors and patterns: it's to bring joy and cheer to the bleakest, darkest days of the year. I love pretty much everything about the holidays (except the traffic and the unpredictable, sometimes difficult, freezing cold weather).

One of my favorite things is the bright colors everywhere, and the twinkling lights. One of coolest things, I think, about the colors of the winter holiday season, is how creative and bright and festive WHITE suddenly becomes. From store windows decked out and sprinkled with fake, fluffy, glittering snow, to fuzzy and soft white scarves, sweaters, mittens or down coats, white suddenly becomes so pretty, festive, bright and works as a great backdrop for all the other bright colors around. Silver and gold also make a huge statement at this time of year, from ornaments to ribbons, purses, shoes, jewelry, headbands and belts, I love the special, warm glow these colors bring, and of course their bright shine, too.

Red, green and blue, the predominant bright colors that pop up all around, make for such great, bold statements whatever you use them for. I think what really makes them so great is how MUCH of these colors people use to decorate their homes, their trees, their mantles or tables, at this time of year, and it's always a bit sad to me when January comes and all the color is taken away, and put back into boxes for a year.

What are your favorite colors of the season and what do you use them for?

© iStockphoto.com/ jrroman

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I love the holiday colors..I like the burgendy and gold the best...

powow65
by kimmy on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Eh. Snow.
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

red, green, gold, white, silver.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I like the holiday colors too. I like silver and blue right now for the tree.
Plum912Oso
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I mostly use gold, red and green.  They are worked into all of the decorations around the house.  Red and green taffeta ribbon bows, the green of the evergreens that are woven into centerpieces, displays in the kitchen, the tree; the red of the poinsettias that are in the living room; the gold tinsel garland that is tucked here and there and the gold ornaments used in various displays.  The tree will have (if we have one this year) all of the bright colors on it in a traditional display of all of the family ornaments.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My house is decorated in red, green, white, gold & silver
LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a red girl all year round
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I love them all. I have a special tree that is only gold and one.I love the look

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I love that as well. Red and green are the main colors put up in our home..and white for the snow stuff ;)
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I love green!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)