PIOG: My Totally FREE Christmas Mantle Makeover

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 404 Replies
85 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I had been searching for an idea for my Christmas mantle and wanted to do something a little different. I found a sign I liked on etsy...but it was $100, and seriously, there is no way I would pay that. But, I did have a pallet here! Soooo, I made my own! I used 2, .59 cent tubes of craft paint...that I already had here. I love how it came out.

I used some clippings off my tree, placed them on the mantle, added a strand of white lights that I already had.

Then I sent my kids out to collect sticks! I made stars, painted them white, and hung them with fishing line. Ta DA! Love how it turned out! Love that it's a little different from the typical mantle decor!

If you want to see the sign that inspired it all, scroll down.
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

The inspiration...$100
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM
6 moms liked this

I like this. You did a very good job.

Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Thank you!

Quoting brownhoney21:

I like this. You did a very good job.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

That looks great!

I may have to do something like that next year. We put our little town and our stockings on ours.

Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I love your stockings...so you know where they came from? Some of ours are over 10 years old...and look like it ;). I love my daughters, it's velveteen, and has a beaded initial on it.., but I can't remember where I got it...and we lived in a different state at the time, so who knows!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

That looks great!

I may have to do something like that next year. We put our little town and our stockings on ours.

Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM
My husband wants a village, but the pieces are so expensive! Where do you get yours?

Quoting IncognitoOne:

That looks great!

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I got them at KMart one year after Christmas when they went on clearance.

I'm thinking about getting some gold fabric paint and putting our names on them, but I haven't decided.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I love your stockings...so you know where they came from? Some of ours are over 10 years old...and look like it ;). I love my daughters, it's velveteen, and has a beaded initial on it.., but I can't remember where I got it...and we lived in a different state at the time, so who knows!

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Mine belonged to my grandmother. She gave them to me a few years ago when she decided putting it all out was too much work for her.

I'm pretty sure they came from Lowe's Hardware though.

Quoting Angela4boys:

My husband wants a village, but the pieces are so expensive! Where do you get yours?

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Love after Christmas clearance!!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I got them at KMart one year after Christmas when they went on clearance.

I'm thinking about getting some gold fabric paint and putting our names on them, but I haven't decided.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Nice!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Mine belonged to my grandmother. She gave them to me a few years ago when she decided putting it all out was too much work for her.

I'm pretty sure they came from Lowe's Hardware though.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

What is your family's favorite springtime activity?